Biometrics...

Carl

Has INS suddenly become efficient?

Today Ying and I went to San Antonio to do her biometrics. Her appt was 12 noon. We got to the INS office about 11:40. Ying went to the little girls room while I filled out the paperwork. When we turned it back in she was given #64. As we were going back to our seat, a guy calls out 63. He calls it out about three or four times, then says 64. Ying is back there all of 5 minutes, then comes back and says she is done. we was back in the car and heading for lunch at 12 noon.

I was shocked, last year when we went for her 10 year green card, there was the same amount of people there as today, but we had to wait almost an hour before her turn came up and it took them nearly 30 minutes to get her prints because the girl who did it could not get any clear ones.

We just got an I-797 that said the FBI couldn't process Ying's fingerprint card, so she needs to redo it next week. I had a feeling that because she was in and out so fast last week that this might have happened.

We got 2 of those. Then were asked "please come" to come in to talk to our IO. She then told us we would have to get a police report from the City of Houston ourselves.

Jiaying had whacked herself with a meat cleaver at the age of 7 - the scar still shows - but only the City of Houston complained about it.

We just got an I-797 that said the FBI couldn't process Ying's fingerprint card, so she needs to redo it next week. I had a feeling that because she was in and out so fast last week that this might have happened.

Well that bites - here's a thought? ask the technician to check it - make sure it's 'done' - or have em redo it whilst yer there.