Engagement Question

We are waiting for our P4 and preparing for interview. Now, I have a question regarding our engagement date.

Before my question, here is my situation:

My Fianc¨¦e and I met online in Feb 2008. I went to China to visit her at in May 2008. Before I left China, I unofficially proposed to her. By unofficial I mean, I asked her if she like to marry me, but I have no ring or any anything at the time. She said yes of course. In July 2008, I filed for I-129. In my intent to marry letter I have put down I proposed to her at end of May 2008. I went back to China again during X-mas, and this time I have purchased an engagement ring and officially proposed to her. I officially proposed in a park with just two of us, we didn't have an engagement party or take any pictures during my proposal. I do have pictures of her wearing the ring.

Now, my questions: should I write I proposed in May or Dec 2008 in the renewed intent to marry for the interview? If I write in May, will it cause any problem if VO sees my ring receipt is dated Dec, 2008? And if I write in Dec, will it cause a problem as my first intend of marriage shows I proposed in May?

Or, can I just indicated in my new intend of marriage letter both unofficial and official engagement date? Will this confuse the VO?

Thanks

We are waiting for our P4 and preparing for interview. Now, I have a question regarding our engagement date.

Before my question, here is my situation:

My Fianc¨¦e and I met online in Feb 2008. I went to China to visit her at in May 2008. Before I left China, I unofficially proposed to her. By unofficial I mean, I asked her if she like to marry me, but I have no ring or any anything at the time. She said yes of course. In July 2008, I filed for I-129. In my intent to marry letter I have put down I proposed to her at end of May 2008. I went back to China again during X-mas, and this time I have purchased an engagement ring and officially proposed to her. I officially proposed in a park with just two of us, we didn't have an engagement party or take any pictures during my proposal. I do have pictures of her wearing the ring.

Now, my questions: should I write I proposed in May or Dec 2008 in the renewed intent to marry for the interview? If I write in May, will it cause any problem if VO sees my ring receipt is dated Dec, 2008? And if I write in Dec, will it cause a problem as my first intend of marriage shows I proposed in May?

Or, can I just indicated in my new intend of marriage letter both unofficial and official engagement date? Will this confuse the VO?

Thanks

i would stick with may because you should be engaged before you send off for the fiancee visa petition. it doesnt make sense to become engaged after you send in the petition for your fiancee.