Chinese traveling outside of China

I'm going to visit my lao po next month. We've been tossing around the idea of us taking a trip to Thailand while I'm there, if we can find some relatively cheap plane tickets.

Every source I've found so far says that Chinese nationals will be issued a 15 day visa upon arrival in Thailand. Lao po has found information that says she will not be allowed to leave China unless she already has a visa for Thailand (or any other country, even countries she can supposedly visit visa-free) in her passport.

Anyone have any experience with this? Why would Thailand bother to issue visas upon arrival for Chinese nationals if they can't even leave China without a visa? (Group visits?)

I'm going to visit my lao po next month. We've been tossing around the idea of us taking a trip to Thailand while I'm there, if we can find some relatively cheap plane tickets.

Every source I've found so far says that Chinese nationals will be issued a 15 day visa upon arrival in Thailand. Lao po has found information that says she will not be allowed to leave China unless she already has a visa for Thailand (or any other country, even countries she can supposedly visit visa-free) in her passport.

Anyone have any experience with this? Why would Thailand bother to issue visas upon arrival for Chinese nationals if they can't even leave China without a visa? (Group visits?)

i got visa for 30 days no problem, just pay the tourist company, just took 2 days. once i got there they give me stamp for 3 months.

it maybe depend what province you are from as to if you get 3 months, yunnan and thailand have good relationships.

she can to any china international tourist company to get visa.

if she from Fujian maybe hard

Edited by jin979 (see edit history)

She's from Shenyang.

She did a quick search, and found a company that could get her a visa for 280 RMB. If it's that quick and easy, we might go ahead with that. :)

Jin is correct on getting the visa FIRST. While I lived in CHina, I wanted to take my fiance to various countries. Thailand was the easiest, followed by Malaysia. International travel company...I made them get the visa before I would buy the tickets....took about 4-6 days in both cases.

Don't waste your time on Singapore.....they won't issue them to "young Chinese" --- unless it is an iron clad business reason. I tried twice - and gave up!

So Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand and Malaysia seem to be the easiest to get to ...and offer enough variety to keep one interested. I'm told Korea is relatively easy...but didn't try...I didn't need to shop in Korea any more.

BEst of luck.

Because I need a visa to enter Russia, and Chinese nationals can only travel to Russia in tourist groups. Also she wants to go somewhere that's warm and has a beach.

Well, for goodness sake, we must give the lady what she wants :blink: And it is easy to see why she would want someplace warm. Soaking up the rays is a good thing. Have fun. :o

My wife and i went to Thailand, she just went to travel agent and got visa, but she was from the south of Yunnan and they have a special deal to get visa to Thailand easy. She much check her area of chna. To get visa they also required health check.

Well, for goodness sake, we must give the lady what she wants :D And it is easy to see why she would want someplace warm. Soaking up the rays is a good thing. Have fun. B)

Actually, Thailand was my idea, when I found out she can go there pretty easily. I'm more interested in Thailand than Russia anyway. Lao po doesn't care where we go, as long as it's warm. (She's tired of winter in Shenyang. :shutup: ) We already went to Sanya last year.

My wife and i went to Thailand, she just went to travel agent and got visa, but she was from the south of Yunnan and they have a special deal to get visa to Thailand easy. She much check her area of chna. To get visa they also required health check.

Thanks, I'll have her check into it.

That is so cool that Thailand is not prejudiced against Chinese people the way most other countries are. Oddly enough, another country that I found back years ago that would give a tourist visa for Chinese people was Jamaica.

That's interesting, Robert. I wish I knew that before, Zhen & I are (hopefully) going there next month... we could've arranged to meet her sister & husband for a nice vacation. Oh well, maybe next time. :P

Recently (like a month ago), I read an article in Seattle Times that Thailand is not requiring any visas from Chinese Citizen. I think the Thai gov said due to what happened to their citizen's protest awhile back, their tourism had gone down so bad, so they encourage everyone to visit Thailand again.

Also, if I didn't remember incorrectly, Thailand is actually allowing all people to go for fun without visa, but i know they have a time limit for your stay.