Evolution of Relationship letter

Since we are already married in China and have an approved I-130 petition and got our First packet from GUZ, and are applying for a CR-1 visa, do we need an evolution of relationship letter? We already sent in with our approved I-130 many photos pasted to paper, many pages worth, in a sort of time line fashion, do we need an evolution of relationship letter?

Duke

It is a good idea to have one prepared in case the consulate requests one at the interview, specially if either person was married before, they may want to know about the prior marriage, and name(s) and contact info of prior spouse.

i agree with dnoblett's post. my situation is the same as yours and i wrote an evolution letter in case they needed one at the interview.

Sorry, if this sounds stupid, but is the guide lines to writing a letter of evolution. If so were would i find such a guide line. Do you have to get it notorized?

Thanks

John

i agree with dnoblett's post. my situation is the same as yours and i wrote an evolution letter in case they needed one at the interview.

Sorry, if this sounds stupid, but is the guide lines to writing a letter of evolution. If so were would i find such a guide line. Do you have to get it notorized?

Thanks

John

This prior thread might help in answering your questions in this regard:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...oduction+letter

It is a good idea to have one prepared in case the consulate requests one at the interview, specially if either person was married before, they may want to know about the prior marriage, and name(s) and contact info of prior spouse.

Why would you or do you need to put information in your EOR letter about your prior spouse? In my letter I just talked about the relationship of my current wife and me. I was separated in 2003 and divorced in 2005. I did not meet my current wife until May 2008 and married in Oct 2008. Just asking.

Since we are already married in China and have an approved I-130 petition and got our First packet from GUZ, and are applying for a CR-1 visa, do we need an evolution of relationship letter? We already sent in with our approved I-130 many photos pasted to paper, many pages worth, in a sort of time line fashion, do we need an evolution of relationship letter?

Duke

What is your timeline?

Thanks

John

IMHO the 'evolution of relationship' letter is one of the most important documents in the process. Include it at every opportunity; have your spouse with a copy of her own for the interview. Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)

Thanks

John

Thanks Roger I read the thread. I read on CFL before that front loading of stuff with the I-130 was good b'cuz if the USCIS approved the petition then GUZ wouldn't really have a reason to doubt the bonafides of a relationship. So, since I included lots of photos of us in a time line with explanations, AND, we are already married in China and showed those "marriage ceremony at her home" photos too, AND, USCIS approved the petition already, why would GUZ have reason to question Bonafides of an already married couple? Hence, why the need of evolution letter?

Duke

Guest Tony n Terrific

When I applied for our CR1 I front loaded a lot of information. I included a cover letter how we met, how we have kept in contact with each other and my two trips to Nanning and what we did together while I was there. I mentioned her family, friends and co-workers in my letter. I copied my wife on everything I sent to Chicago Lockbox. It would be a good idea to have a letter present at your interview in Guz.

When I applied for our CR1 I front loaded a lot of information. I included a cover letter how we met, how we have kept in contact with each other and my two trips to Nanning and what we did together while I was there. I mentioned her family, friends and co-workers in my letter. I copied my wife on everything I sent to Chicago Lockbox. It would be a good idea to have a letter present at your interview in Guz.

OK but the basic question that still comes to mind is that since we got approved I-130 from CIS, with timeline photos showing relationship and marriage ceremonies, and CIS had no problem, why or how would GUZ say a relationship is not bonafide, if CIS already signed off on that??