Buying tickets to China

Since coming back from Chengdu in Feb. I have been thinking about something I heard while in Chengdu. I was talking to a travel agent there to see how much a round trip ticket from my city to Chengdu would be and it was almost half of what I paid here in the states. How viable is this as an option for buying tickets.

Whenever we decide to go to China, Ying calls a travel agency in Houston's Chinatown. She always manages to get great tickets at a cheap price. If you have your spouse talk to them, you will get tickets at a cheaper rate. For an additional fee they will process your visa with the Chinese Consulate in Houston.

PM me for details if interested.

I once got a good deal thru a Texas based Chinese travel agency.

The downside is that to save a couple hundred bucks, I had 5 flight changes (which made an already grueling trip much more so).

Since then, I've coughed up the extra money (not a lot) for the most direct route & shortest travel time.

That is a lot. The last time we went to china we flew from San Antonio to Los Angeles on United, transferred to Asiana flew from LAX to Incheon Korea (Seoul), then from Incheon to Yanji, China.