lets talk and share

Guest jin979

sorry if this was taken as a religious post, it wasnt meant to be.

it was meant as a approach to dealing with lifes challenges and relationships, both on a individuel level and global.

interestingly many who posted back, did so just as how she was talking about, from a rigid position of "right" and or "protection" be that self or nation.

Any way i thought it was a good writing, be it for sell or not. maybe if more thought this way then we would have less troubles in the world.

i think maybe alot of the responses to her article on here actually reinforce what she was saying.

to the members (older) that dimiss threads like this as "been there" not all of on CFL as old as you, if you dont want to contribute thats ok, but no need to impart your "its worthless" wisdom. All that tells me is it is nothing to you, but you cant imply that to others.

Jin I don't know if you were referring to me in the last part of this thread but if you were I have just as much right to post my thoughts on this matter as anyone else as long as I abide by the rules and I certainly think that I have done that. I have a right to agree with or disagree with what you post as long as I do it in a decent manner.

There will never be a world that every single person agrees on every single issue, never. We are all individuals with individual thoughts and ideals. Even in some countries that BRAINWASHING is the norm there are still people that do not accept what is spoon fed to them one way or another. You did say "LETS TALK AND SHARE" or did you only want people to respond that agreed with you??????

Larry

yes of course you can Larry

however this thread is not about "brainwashing" or taking cheap shots at me .

As the OP I am asking to stay on topic please. your on topic thoughts are very welcome :)

Jin I only used the brainwashing terminology as that is a way that people and governments use to get people to accept their ideals and beliefs. I do believe that has a bearing here and is not off topic at all.

We have had our own disasters here in American with the Branch Dividian (spelling) in Texas and then what happen with Jim Jones in Africa concerning American citizens. These were some of the major incidents that have come to mind.

Jin I do understand what you started out to do but Americans are very set in their ideals and that comes from our great freedom of choices that we are so fortunate to enjoy. Sometimes there have been disasters in relation to these freedoms. Like the folks in California that thought the world was coming to an end and all of them killed themselves. If my memory serves me correctly I think there was about 100-150 of them.

In my opinion all were a result of brainwashing and government interference. Brainwashing can come in many forms not just a governments way of controlling people.

I now realize that it was meant as a approach to dealing with lifes challenges and relationships but it is related to some type of religion. My point is that even religion can be a form of brainwashing you see.

Larry

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was meant as a approach to dealing with lifes challenges and relationships, both on a individuel level and global.

interestingly many who posted back, did so just as how she was talking about, from a rigid position of "right" and or "protection" be that self or nation.

Any way i thought it was a good writing, be it for sell or not. maybe if more thought this way then we would have less troubles in the world.

i think maybe alot of the responses to her article on here actually reinforce what she was saying.

to the members (older) that dimiss threads like this as "been there" not all of on CFL as old as you, if you dont want to contribute thats ok, but no need to impart your "its worthless" wisdom. All that tells me is it is nothing to you, but you cant imply that to others.

Jin I don't know if you were referring to me in the last part of this thread but if you were I have just as much right to post my thoughts on this matter as anyone else as long as I abide by the rules and I certainly think that I have done that. I have a right to agree with or disagree with what you post as long as I do it in a decent manner.

There will never be a world that every single person agrees on every single issue, never. We are all individuals with individual thoughts and ideals. Even in some countries that BRAINWASHING is the norm there are still people that do not accept what is spoon fed to them one way or another. You did say "LETS TALK AND SHARE" or did you only want people to respond that agreed with you??????

Larry

As the OP I am asking to stay on topic please. your on topic thoughts are very welcome :rolleyes:

Jin I only used the brainwashing terminology as that is a way that people and governments use to get people to accept their ideals and beliefs. I do believe that has a bearing here and is not off topic at all.

We have had our own disasters here in American with the Branch Dividian (spelling) in Texas and then what happen with Jim Jones in Africa concerning American citizens. These were some of the major incidents that have come to mind.

Jin I do understand what you started out to do but Americans are very set in their ideals and that comes from our great freedom of choices that we are so fortunate to enjoy. Sometimes there have been disasters in relation to these freedoms. Like the folks in California that thought the world was coming to an end and all of them killed themselves. If my memory serves me correctly I think there was about 100-150 of them.

In my opinion all were a result of brainwashing and government interference. Brainwashing can come in many forms not just a governments way of controlling people.

I now realize that it was meant as a approach to dealing with lifes challenges and relationships but it is related to some type of religion. My point is that even religion can be a form of brainwashing you see.

Larry

Larry,

Jim Jones was South America. "NOVEMBER 1978: More than 900 Americans die in what was apparently a "mass suicide" by members of a "cult" commune called Jonestown, in Guyana, South America."

Larry

Larry

As the OP I am asking to stay on topic please. your on topic thoughts are very welcome :rolleyes:

Larry

Larry,

Jim Jones was South America. "NOVEMBER 1978: More than 900 Americans die in what was apparently a "mass suicide" by members of a "cult" commune called Jonestown, in Guyana, South America."

Thank you John WE OLD GUYS can't remember to well you know. It was certainly a terrible event. I guess that I should have researched it just a little before I posted it to refresh my memory but it just came to mind and I added it in.

Thank you

Larry

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

According to my understanding, Jin, just wants to recommand us that woman writer, her story of how to deal with ups and downs in life ( that writer figured her way out through Buddism/meditation). Jin didnt try to promote any religion.

I have no religion. When bad things happened to me, I learned to be tough and self-dependent...and I know time will cure everything. That works for me.

Everyone has their own way of handling life. The way the writer is taking is not bad either.

According to my understanding, Jin, just wants to recommand us that woman writer, her story of how to deal with ups and downs in life ( that writer figured her way out through Buddism/meditation). Jin didnt try to promote any religion.

I have no religion. When bad things happened to me, I learned to be tough and self-dependent...and I know time will cure everything. That works for me.

Everyone has their own way of handling life. The way the writer is taking is not bad either.

wow Lilac, of the smart guys/girls on CFL, you got it , while the rest laughed into their usual positiom and usa defense, my guess they never read it. seems to be a big problem here, some dont like to open mind to talk.

maybe we can look at the " partings" forum to see this

wow Lilac, of the smart guys/girls on CFL, you got it , while the rest laughed into their usual positiom and usa defense, my guess they never read it. seems to be a big problem here, some dont like to open mind to talk.

More idiot nonsense. Yes we're all just a bunch of fools because we're just too stupid to understand like you can. <_<

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

More idiot nonsense. Yes we're all just a bunch of fools because we're just too stupid to understand like you can. :ph34r:

give it a rest Dennis , your continued personal attacks are getting boring.

if you dont want to talk about the threads topic, can you keep your "idiot nonsense " to yourself.

now lets get back on topic

Wow. That's probably the most patronizing post I've ever seen here. :)

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

Wow. That's probably the most patronizing post I've ever seen here. <_<

Oh there's more and far more self-aggrandizing than that, Dave. :sosad: