Sticking to United

About 4 months ago I signed up for an United Mileage Plus Visa card and received 21000 bonus miles (30000 if you do it on the net). I get 1 mile for every dollar used on the card. I have used the card to pay for everything and stopped using cash. I pay it off when I get my statement. With the miles I got from my first trip and using the card I have enough for a free trip to see my sweetie!

I am not going to use the trip just now as prices will go up latter in the summer.

I like United non stop to HKG from ORD but bring snacks. :)

I have used mileage cards for years. First with American, then United, and now with NWA. Miles have paid for a trip to Tulsa (saw my nephew graduate tech school) on American and a trip to Hong Kong in 2007 on United. My wife didn't care for United (customer service issue). NWA opened a better route for us anyway (Portland-Tokyo-Guangzhou) so we switched. Now we both have a miles card. I am primary on one so miles go into my NWA account and Lisa is primary on the other. Normally, miles expire for people who travel as infrequently as we do. Using the card is seen as activity on your account and keeps miles from expiring. This is why I went with two separate cards. Having Lisa primary on the second card helps build her credit rating as well. Great way to get extra trips to China no matter who you select.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)