I751 Questions

Hi All,

I have been away from Candle for some time - but now need to get some input from those of you who have stayed on top of your I-751 application timeframe.

I filed our I-751 back in May of 2008 - The letter says it was recieved on May 22, 2008.

We were given the date of June 6, 2008 for the ASC (biometrics) appointment.

We have not heard a single word on our application (other than the standard letter they sent back to us saying that they were extending the expiration date of her 2 year green card by one more year). I thought this all seemed a bit slow. The wife had heard this process (for others) is not usually such a long wait. She has heard of it being done in 6 months as of lately from some friends.

So my question to those of you who are staying on top of the 751 timeline - Is this typical? Or does it seem like our case is running slow?

We live in Florida. The I-751 receipt says that if we need to send any other paperwork - that it should be sent to the Texas Service Center...... does this mean that Texas is processing her I-751 application? I ask this specifically because on the ICIS website, it does not show any I-751's being processed at the Texas Service Center. Does this mean that another office is handling the application? If so - which office should be doing the I-751's for Florida?

And is the info available on the ICIS website accurate? I see that some service centers are turning these around very quickly and others are way far behind - like 2 years behind.

I would really appreciate it if any of you can ease my worry some on this matter. I am really beginning to worry about the length of time this is taking. Plus my wife and I are planning a trip to China this year - and this delay is going to mess this trip up for us!!! She can't go to China with an expired green card - and I don't trust getting her back in the US based on a stupid letter saying the expiration date is extended one year.... :o I want her to be holding a valid green card before we leave the country - not just a letter.

Thanks in advance!

m-coon

... The wife had heard this process (for others) is not usually such a long wait. She has heard of it being done in 6 months as of lately from some friends....
"Somebody said" Here we go again. Oh, right. 'Some friends' And how about you, what did you say? 'Taking too long', right? Nope, if you get something between and 10-12 months, from Vermont that is, you are right on time. So, May -2 = Feb/March '09.

Want to see a "Typical" timeline? see VJ http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/liftstats.php?cfl=

Bottom Line? Vermont- 7 cases Avg. Days btw NOA and Approval: 341

At any rate, we are in Florida and when we filed...., well heck, it's all in my timeline.

The case number for the biometrics appointment will tell you where it is being processed and it's not Texas. Then go look at the processing times for that location.

If the processing time for that location is more than 30 days after your receipt date you might make an infopass appointment to see if there is an issue, if not you just need to wait for the green card to arrive, an interview appointment or to be 30 days past processing time.

I do recall there was discussion of contacting the USCIS in the past. If you contacted the USCIS concerning your wife when you were having not happy moments this could be causing a snag in the process as well.