New news from DOS !

OK folks,

I had a very long talk with Kathern Krabal late this afternoon.

First, The 5000 names checks is confirmed again.

Second, GZ is in fact overloaded.

Let me re-state the hole process,

Our files never leave GZ.

From GZ a bable is sent to DOS for name checks, then DOS sends a cable to different agencies.

Once all name checks are cleared they are sent back to DOS.

DOS then sends a cable to the consulate.

The consulate then enters the info into the computer, gives it a visa number, prints the visa, then is supose to notify the applicant.

Once the info is entered into the computer at GZ it shows up on the DOS info computer. DOS info see's only what GZ has entered, basicly they are on the same system.

The DOS did a terrible thing to GZ by sending over 5000 name checks to GZ.

I could not get info out of the head lady of DOS info as to why the backlogged months do not take priority. But it will not take priority.

I was told out of the 5000 name check sent to GZ maybe more than a few hundred are acually K and CR applicants.

The fix to the problem that everyone seems to be working on is only weekend work, for backlogs and a few are being worked in through the week.

The plan (which I feel is not very good) is to have all the back logs entered into the computer by Jan 4th 2003. ( this in my book is the bad and good part)

But there were no promises made on this.

I tried to use the bleeding heart approch and told asked if it would be a smart move to buy plane tickets for a visit on Jan 10th, she wouldnt answer the question.

Also, visas that did not get into the 5000 name checks sent to GZ will come trickling in and be worked into the schedule.

Now, for my thoughts on this whole thing.

I am totally convinced that if in fact the name checks were sent to DOS they would be finished by now.

I have a real strange feeling they were lost somewhere in the name check

process and never done.

When the new so called process policy was polished up, we, the August- October group was set aside and forgotten about and all the new commers were being processed.

I think that only recently someone figured that in order to clear the backlog the lost name check needed to be re-entered, thus 5000 all at once while the others that were not cought up in the mess flows like sweet milk.

Now, I can understand all the mess going on but I dont understand no extra help for GZ. I was told every weekend untill Jan 4 will be worked to clear this matter up.

Is this the truth, or another way of getting us off their backs?

I feel another letter is in order and will be untill the backlogs are ALL cleared.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, I don't understand something....

How could they possibly have them all in the database by Jan 4, when they're entering them so slowly right now? And they're only entering them on the weekend?

Sounds like BS to me.

--David

New letter coming very soon.  You have email from me.

Robert,

For some reason, she would not tell me if in fact our case is in GZ.

I asked this point blank and why doesnt any want to tell me this.

My theary is this,

1) Way to many to look through. Which it hard for me to buy this. If lets say there are 600-800 K and CR visas backlogged, 1 fricken weekend would fix the whole problem.

2) The 5000 was a lie and all the August-October names were re-submitted very recently. Hense the delays.

The next letter needs to focus on a certain number of us ( which we have a head count already) and ask them to consentrate on just those on our list in a weekend.

This should be an easy task for them. We only have about 200 that we know of, or do you know of more for those months.

Mark, just knowing that the number of visas is this low is a huge relief. Unless the lady was BSing again.

D'oh, I never know whether the good news is good or the bad news is bad with these jackarses.

Anyway, if we get anything out of this, we need to get a clear idea of how long it will actually take. I have no life right now, partly because I haven't been able to make any plans for the future. If they were really willing to tell us this much just over the phone, I suppose another letter could reap a lot of valueable (mis)information.

Mark, just knowing that the number of visas is this low is a huge relief.  Unless the lady was BSing again. 

D'oh, I never know whether the good news is good or the bad news is bad with these jackarses.

Anyway, if we get anything out of this, we need to get a clear idea of how long it will actually take.  I have no life right now, partly because I haven't been able to make any plans for the future.  If they were really willing to tell us this much just over the phone, I suppose another letter could reap a lot of valueable (mis)information.

My alone life sucks also right now, If it weren't for my wonderful fiancee,

I would have lost it long ago, oh wait, i did lose it long ago, hehehehe

My life is on the longest hold it has ever been, I think we are all feeling the stress of an incompitent organization.

I know I will look back at this one day and say, as short as life is, my government shorten my happieness by at least 1 year. Then I will look at my wife and realize just how lucky I really am.

Mark,

Thank you very much for working so hard to all folks.

This news really scare me to know Guangzhou Consolute in a big mess!!! Fortunately China has no any report of any Terrorists; otherwise, bad guys can get VISA.

Therefore, DoS must send additional personnels to help guangzhou for safety of USA public.

Guangzhou US Consulate needs to organize their office well!!!! or at least OK. Now their files are in random!!

RANDOM is very dangerous!!!

:unsure: :blink: :(

Mark,

This news really scare me to know Guangzhou Consolute in a big mess!!! Fortunately China has no any report of any Terrorists; otherwise, bad guys can get VISA.

Therefore,  DoS must send additional personnels to help guangzhou for safety of USA public.

Guangzhou US Consulate needs to organize their office well!!!! or at least OK. Now their files are in random!!

:unsure:  :blink:  :(

Yes, as I suspect those people in GZ have quite a mess on there hands.

Hopfully what I was told is true and they get done within the nex 3-4 weeks.

Mark,

Therefore,  DoS must send additional personnels to help guangzhou for safety of USA public.

:unsure:  :blink:  :(

Yes, as I suspect those people in GZ have quite a mess on there hands.

Hopfully what I was told is true and they get done within the nex 3-4 weeks.

Mark does that include our Aug group people?