Hi everyone,

I am planning to visit my fiance before her second interview, I don't want to be in Guangzhou during the interview. It did not help us in the first interview, and we got white slip. I can not forget when we got denied , and she was crying everyday, and I was helpless to do anything.

I already talk to my boss and getting my paper work ready by her interview to take one year leave from work, which would be very difficult in this economy If she gets denied again I will move to China by end of July. We get married and we will petition DCF.

What should I do?

Thanks!

If you addressed the issues in the white slip, in your subsequent I-129F submittal, then you should be ok.

As to this 'other plan' - remember - to do DCF successfully, you'll need to maintain a USA residence address, which many people handle via having their residence address with a relative in the USA. It's a lot of work to re-home the address, with banks, credit card companies, etc. I do recommend you maintain a telephone via a VOIP service like vonage or broadvox, have the billing address at the relative's house, take the ATA device with you to China.

For now, keep the 'plan to jump' as a viable Plan B. But work up all contingencies for it.

Guest Dylan W

Wait, let me get this. You don't want to be in Guangzhou to support your fiance/wife if she gets denied because you don't want to be there if she is crying. (Regardless of how you effect the outcome.) How supportive is that to a relationship? What kind of relationship is that, when your fiance/wife needs help, and a shoulder, and you basically say "I don't want to be there for you." I say go. :blink: If indeed she is that important to you. Otherwise what's the point, stay here, and let her be by herself during such a momentous occasion.

Wait, let me get this. You don't want to be in Guangzhou to support your fiance/wife if she gets denied because you don't want to be there if she is crying. (Regardless of how you effect the outcome.) How supportive is that to a relationship? What kind of relationship is that, when your fiance/wife needs help, and a shoulder, and you basically say "I don't want to be there for you." I say go. ;) If indeed she is that important to you. Otherwise what's the point, stay here, and let her be by herself during such a momentous occasion.

nice!! totally agree!!

be there to support her regardless of out come, it's a type of bona fide relationship..

Wait, let me get this. You don't want to be in Guangzhou to support your fiance/wife if she gets denied because you don't want to be there if she is crying. (Regardless of how you effect the outcome.) How supportive is that to a relationship? What kind of relationship is that, when your fiance/wife needs help, and a shoulder, and you basically say "I don't want to be there for you." I say go. ;) If indeed she is that important to you. Otherwise what's the point, stay here, and let her be by herself during such a momentous occasion.

nice!! totally agree!!

be there to support her regardless of out come, it's a type of bona fide relationship..

Yes, I agree with Dylan too ;)

:mbounce: I don't know what you are thinking about not wanting to be there for the interview but that is WRONG. IMHO.

Don't know where your head or heart is on that issue :) :mbounce:

I also agree. I wasn't able to be there for my wife because of work issues. She was turned down for her tourist visa. It was quite difficult situation for her to deal with. I got on an overnight bus that same day, but it would have been better if I was there in the first place. I will not make the same mistake again.

I am surprised that you went with your wife to her interview. However, we learn a lot after our mistakes.

When you go to Guangzhou to visit with her again, go the the Consulate for ACS or ACH and talk with a Consular Official about your upcoming petition for your lass.

• 2 months later...

Are you going to go to GUZ for ACS or ACH on this next trip ? She doesn't need an interview date for YOU to go in , ya know - they already have her CASE FILE Number and case info stored in electronic format.

What ever way a person deals with the Visa process, and the prospect of a second denial is a personal choice. "A shoulder to cry on" might sound romantically plausible, though the reality here is I believe is greater than that for the couples involved. It's easy if one receives a Visa on the first try, but the uncertainties if you do not, just continues a nightmare that doesn't end, so you prepare in your own way to say goodbye. May 1844, posted this in January, for them I hope things have worked out.