Hotpot cooking pot with the divider

In the Sichuan restaurant we frequent when in China, they use a cooking pot with an "s" shaped divider down the middle of it. One side is REALLY HOT the other side is for the meek of palate.

I knew I should have bought one on my last trip. Does anyone know where to buy these?

I looked for awhile online, and couldn't seem to find one for sale (maybe someone else knows an online place). Plenty of the shabu-shabu style hotpots, but none of the divided sichuan style. I got one from a tiny little asian market in Virginia, and see them in most of the ones here in California. If you don't have one in your parts, maybe you can work out with another member, or someone you know near one of the larger asian markets to purchase and send out to you.

Love those hotpots! Whenever we eat Little Sheep the waiter puts the hot side so it's easier for her to get at. And then she makes him turn it towards me. I guess they think westerners don't like hot stuff? She is from Hebei and swears nobody eats hot there. I think I am getting her into it though. ;)

George - he doesn't have anything 'local' due to his physical location. Yer in NYC, though, know all of the suppliers in chinatown there - maybe is good thing to suggest a purchase and passthrough, to anyone looking for these kinds of items?

I was hoping to find one on line so that I did not inconvenience you, George, but I am afraid I'll need your assistance if you have the time.

Here's a link to what I am hoping to find for my wife:

http://www.tayamaus.com/TG-28C.html

Divided cooking pot with a lid in stainless steel. That said, as close as you can get to it will be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Griz, I ate at a friends house that had a divided hot pot like this, only it was electric! Really convenient because you can keep it boiling while you add things in and eat them.

If your going to the trouble to buy one, maybe consider an electric one.

That said, I don't know where she got it, but I will ask at lunch today.

Griz, I ate at a friends house that had a divided hot pot like this, only it was electric! Really convenient because you can keep it boiling while you add things in and eat them.

If your going to the trouble to buy one, maybe consider an electric one.

That said, I don't know where she got it, but I will ask at lunch today.

We have the exact same one in the picture Griz sent but it is electric like you say... we like it a lot but I kinda wish we went with the butane version our friend has. Although ours seems to heat better than theirs, it sucks the electric out of the lines, haha.

We like to set it up in the Living Room when we do Hot Pot & watch a movie (since it should be enjoyed slowly, not a rush meal) and with the Plasma, BluRay Player, Surround Sound, Lights, etc. and then the Hot Pot turned on it would flip the fuse every once in a while & p1ss me off, so we now run an extension cord from another room that isn't on the same circuit... not pretty, but it works! ;)

Anyway, couldn't find one in the Chinese food store we go to, but the Korean one around the corner had them. If you can't find one elsewhere, let me know & I will see if they have the same version in butane.

Steve

I was hoping to find one on line so that I did not inconvenience you, George, but I am afraid I'll need your assistance if you have the time.

Here's a link to what I am hoping to find for my wife:

http://www.tayamaus.com/TG-28C.html

Divided cooking pot with a lid in stainless steel. That said, as close as you can get to it will be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

griz326,

no problem, as a matter of fact, i see the model in chinatown all the time. i will mail the hot pot when i come back from china, which is 2/16. i hope you don't mind or i if i see one in china, i pick one up.