Glutinous rice

My gal asked me to pick up so glutinous rice. I thought this should be easy. But I went all through Kalispell and in the grocery stores here in Eureka and not a single bag of rice was labeled "glutinous rice." Do we call it something else?

BTW - The closest Asian food store is 250 miles from here.

I've had trouble locating sticky rice where I live. I have tried several different rices, most of which I didn't like that much. I found some Thai fragrant rice at a Sam's Club, which I like a lot. What are the odds that my fiancee would like that?

Guest Dylan W

I've had trouble locating sticky rice where I live. I have tried several different rices, most of which I didn't like that much. I found some Thai fragrant rice at a Sam's Club, which I like a lot. What are the odds that my fiancee would like that?

Slim to none I would say. :)

That's not sticky rice, but regular 'jasmine rice', which is what most Chinese Folk are used to eating. Sticky rice is used for other dishes, not as the main rice.

My wife drove me crazy finding this when she got here. :whistling:

I now know what it looks like. It doesn't say sticky rice either. It was difficult finding it in a Korean run grocery until we found a Chinese woman working there... now I/we know.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

Slim to none I would say. :D

I don't know Dylan.... my wife bought some of that also... she was excited about it, for me? it tasted like.... rice :whistling:

Is this the rice she would use for daily cooking or for some special dishes. The sticky rice (or sometimes called sweet rice) are difficult to find. However, for daily cooking, I found sushi rice is probably close to what we use to eat in north China.