AOS Receipt Received---SF Ca

Hello all,

Just received the Notice of Receipt for our AOS and EAD filing. Some information for those of you in CA who need to file in SF:

1. My fiancee (then) arrived 4/6/03. Married 6/21/03. Filed AOS/EAD 8/14/03. Applied for SSN 8/14/03. Refused SSN 9/12/03. Received AOS Receipt 10/1/03.

To answer some questions previously posted on Candle:

1. You do not need to file AOS within 90 days of your fiancee's arrival, but you MUST marry within 90 days. Considerable research in the BCIS and related sites has revealed no clear cut answer to how long you have after the marriage, to file, but our filing was accepted almost 8 weeks after, with a special circumstance.

2. The AOS application must be mailed (to SF) and you must use the PO box, thus you cannot use UPS. The mailing center we used changed the PO box # to a street address for BCIS on our application envelope, without asking us, and we received the application back about 3 weeks later (which explains the length of time between our wedding date and the actual filing). Needless to say, I was very unhappy with the mailing center, and they refunded my money and resent it free of charge. I included an additional letter explaining the foul-up to BCIS. Looks like no problem now.

3. We were notified by the SSN office in our city (we have only one) that our request for SSN was refused because BCIS had not yet received (read processed) the EAD application. We will try again tomorrow.

4. BCIS cashed our checks on the day they received the application. These checks were handwritten and made out to BCIS.

5. With the Notice of Receipt we received an appointment on 10/14 for her fingerprinting (we included a check for $50 in the original application).

6. Also received a notice to appear in person to pick-up the EAD after Oct 3, on any Monday, between the hours of 11:00am to 2:00 pm within 45 days. This will require a trip to SF. Note: In bold letters at the bottom they state that if this is not picked up within 45 days, the application will be denied.

7. The Notice of Receipt states that an interview date will be mailed separately.

For those of you who live in CA, or anywhere for that matter, and have any questions on the process from NOA1 thru AOS Notice of Receipt, I will be happy to answer them. PM me or respond to this thread. Please be patient, as I don't always have a lot of time to log on to Candle.

For those of you who don't live in CA, my deepest and sincerest sympathies to you! None of the other 49 states will be able to say that they are being run by the TERMINATOR!

Hasta la vista, baby!

;) :lol: ;)

Hello all,

Just an update. We made the journey down to SF yesterday to p/u the EAD. All went relatively smoothly, we were in and out in less than an hour. Note: Make sure that you bring your wife's passport as well as ID for yourself, as no one can enter the building without a photo ID. Several people were turned away because they did not have an ID on them. I would also recommend getting there early, because when we arrived at 11:00 am Monday, there was already a line of people waiting to get in. And because each and every person entering has to go through the security check (much like the airports), and there was only one employee manning the post, it was slow going getting in. Once you are in, no problem! Also, even though the notice we received stated to bring a copy of the AOS receipt form, as well as a copy of the AOS fee receipt (the grocery-type receipt), no one bothered to look at those. They only took the pick-up of the EAD notice from us, nothing else. Anyway, one more step up the mountain of BCIS completed...we are nearing the top! Next, the fingerprinting on the 14th.

<_< :blink: :blink: