China Manipulating its Currency?

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest ShaQuaNew

Maybe: :rolleyes: That's the same exchange rate as when I was there last year and the dollar has certainly tanked since then.

My wife always reminds me that it would be very difficult for Chinese people to bear the burden of higher prices for food and living expenses, as many of them have barely enough to get by right now. I guess the fact that China keeping tight controls on its exchange rates isn't too popular with American economists, I'm thinking that the Chinese people are grateful that prices are not rising too quickly.

Maybe: :) That's the same exchange rate as when I was there last year and the dollar has certainly tanked since then.

My wife always reminds me that it would be very difficult for Chinese people to bear the burden of higher prices for food and living expenses, as many of them have barely enough to get by right now. I guess the fact that China keeping tight controls on its exchange rates isn't too popular with American economists, I'm thinking that the Chinese people are grateful that prices are not rising too quickly.

When a culture is founded on the concept of the heaven, earth, and man are all one interconnected, interdependent mass; and the political philosophy takes on a role of being in charge of decisions for the masses; and the masses are generally free to conduct their lives without a bevy of laws to control their every move; and the whole thing is rolled up in a theory of physical-emotion-health balance and social harmony... you end up with a social organism which not just depends on each part but TRUSTS each part... and therein is where their SELF-WORTH is formed.

It also answers the question why acupuncture appears to be more sucessful in china than in other countries...

Maybe: :lol: That's the same exchange rate as when I was there last year and the dollar has certainly tanked since then.

When a culture is founded on the concept of the heaven, earth, and man are all one interconnected, interdependent mass; and the political philosophy takes on a role of being in charge of decisions for the masses; and the masses are generally free to conduct their lives without a bevy of laws to control their every move; and the whole thing is rolled up in a theory of physical-emotion-health balance and social harmony... you end up with a social organism which not just depends on each part but TRUSTS each part... and therein is where their SELF-WORTH is formed.

It also answers the question why acupuncture appears to be more sucessful in china than in other countries...

SoCal may have more Acupuncturists per block than China.

As for RMB value, we are always pushing for higher value in the hope of selling more products to such a huge market.

That may be the most interesting post I've ever read.

It's a short assessment that reveals years of acquired knowledge.

Guest Tony n Terrific

We have went from the greatest creditor nation to nation of debt in less then 4 decades. Yea we should eat humble pie and that is what we are going to do in the next 5 years. Our GAO is out of control and the vote for me give away artists will come to full fulcrum. The mission statement is:

Now folks who are on the dole please remember me on the 1st Tuesday in November. I am the one who is going to destroy America. I will give you more money and benefits. Have another baby out of wedlock and get a grand a month more. PT Barnum will not out do me. I do not want to see you become a productive citizen of the US because you may not be able to vote for me on Tuesday.

it seems foolish to poke the tiger with a stick.

you'd think... and a bit disappointing :D

Add me to that assessment!! I have been left just shaking my head the past couple of days. I thought we were supposed to have moved from 'amateur hour' in our international relations and posture !? :huh:

News Item: 01/24

Selig Harrison, director of the Asia program at the U.S.-based Center for International Policy, said it was "very ill-advised for the new administration to confront China as if this were 10 years ago and we were in a strong financial position internationally."

"We are dependent on Chinese goodwill for our economic survival and viability, and, therefore, it seems to me that this type of posture is very risky," he said.

Despite an early face-off with China over an intercepted U.S. spy plane, former President George W. Bush made it a priority to strengthen relations with China while also pushing the country to live up to what he considered its duties as an emerging global superpower and a veto-holding member of the U.N. Security Council.

you'd think... and a bit disappointing ;)

Add me to that assessment!! I have been left just shaking my head the past couple of days. I thought we were supposed to have moved from 'amateur hour' in our international relations and posture !? :)

Selig Harrison, director of the Asia program at the U.S.-based Center for International Policy, said it was "very ill-advised for the new administration to confront China as if this were 10 years ago and we were in a strong financial position internationally."

"We are dependent on Chinese goodwill for our economic survival and viability, and, therefore, it seems to me that this type of posture is very risky," he said.

Despite an early face-off with China over an intercepted U.S. spy plane, former President George W. Bush made it a priority to strengthen relations with China while also pushing the country to live up to what he considered its duties as an emerging global superpower and a veto-holding member of the U.N. Security Council.

while we are poking the poker :huh: :D

Why isn't the french or german's casting such rhetoric towards China? :blink:

oh... :D they work on much longer term friendships with international countries ... :o

Some day...the US may just come begging up China's door for a bowl of rice B)

Many economists are saying Beijing has kept its currency artificially low to keep the prices of its goods cheap and generate trade surpluses.

China's Yuan is 6.8425 vs $1 USD todays rate.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...tics%2Fcongress

You know this is funny because the US does the same thing as far as I know. Our government control the currency value by raising and lower the interest rates. So why on earth do they point a stick at other countries such as China........

Many economists are saying Beijing has kept its currency artificially low to keep the prices of its goods cheap and generate trade surpluses.

China's Yuan is 6.8425 vs $1 USD todays rate.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...tics%2Fcongress

You know this is funny because the US does the same thing as far as I know. Our government control the currency value by raising and lower the interest rates. So why on earth do they point a stick at other countries such as China........

Oh... come on Corbin :D

You know it's all about whose stick is bigger :D

Yet, the US has a twig in it's hand... :)

While China walks among enough domestic issues that they figure they ought to just stick to their own and not tell other countries what to do... you know... that old saying about the "beam in your own eye and the twig you shake at others"... :o

Guest ShaQuaNew

you'd think... and a bit disappointing :)

Add me to that assessment!! I have been left just shaking my head the past couple of days. I thought we were supposed to have moved from 'amateur hour' in our international relations and posture !? :o

Good point!

The US has become increasingly dependent upon other countries, and is moving into an increasingly arrogant posture, by trying to convince its own people that stimulus packages and auto bailouts will help. It gets pretty scary that the US will increase its borrowing to pay off credit card bills.

The American people have always been resilient when left to their own devices. I fear there is now a generation that believes it is the government's job to do what they should be doing themselves.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)