Chinese Expert

No, you won't lose face when you are right. As you are supposed to be the "Big Tree", bend...when the wind blows; cover...to protect from rain; but never let your branches fall on her...

um.. not sure I agree... 'face' is not an ethical issue which is concerned with right vs wrong... it bends whichever way the wind blows so that non-interference maintains the balance; In daoism, this might be considered, in western-speak, righting the wrong... but it comes natural to the native.

"Do not try to bend the spoon; that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth: There is no spoon." :mbounce:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My GF talks with a friend and now thinks I am wrong.

"No can do visa K3 from HK, needa send me data about this thing, if can then trust you"

Can no copy web of talk needa proof that can visa from HK

God, one step forward and two steps back.

I never really intended to rub her face in it. Chinese or American would not enjoy this type of treatment. However she did ask for me to send proof I was correct then she could trust what I say.

All very good advise and I have taken care of this matter (as of now). :mobrun: I started this thread for information about HK and learned somthing maybe more important about face. :huh:

Maybe this should be moved over to the culture area.