Chinese Expert

The Chinese expert syndrome is something almost all of us go through. I don't really understand it because I always take my wife's word for it about anything pertaining to China. Be sure to keep it to yourself while the so called expert is proved wrong a few times and what ever you do don't say "I told you so".

Wrong when you are right?

Or.

No glories in being right?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you rub her face in it when she is wrong she will lose face. As her husband you are supposed to be above such pettiness.

Okay, but if one does not make a point of not being wrong does loose face with her? :o

What I have learned is that when there is a disagreement then find out the truth and then let it be. As Carl said, reminding her that she is wrong will possibly cause her to lose face. No need to make a point of not being wrong. It will get you nowhere fast. Be gentle with her.

Let me put it this way, as the man you are expected to overlook these things. They are not worth worrying about. She knows when she is wrong and doesn't need to be reminded of it. After it happens a few times she will no longer question your knowledge. You will notice it but again you don't need to bring that to her attention. It becomes kind of a silent agreement.

Let me put it this way, as the man you are expected to overlook these things. They are not worth worrying about. She knows when she is wrong and doesn't need to be reminded of it. After it happens a few times she will no longer question your knowledge. You will notice it but again you don't need to bring that to her attention. It becomes kind of a silent agreement.

I agree 100%.

When it comes the to the 'Chinese Expert Syndrome': I don't fight it if it's not important.

If it is important, be gentle. :mbounce:

If you rub her face in it when she is wrong she will lose face. As her husband you are supposed to be above such pettiness.

Okay, but if one does not make a point of not being wrong does loose face with her? :blink:

No, you won't lose face when you are right. As you are supposed to be the "Big Tree", bend...when the wind blows; cover...to protect from rain; but never let your branches fall on her...

in other words...wisdom, strength, compassion, patience.......all these (and others) are the ingredients of love...

No, you won't lose face when you are right. As you are supposed to be the "Big Tree", bend...when the wind blows; cover...to protect from rain; but never let your branches fall on her...

um.. not sure I agree... 'face' is not an ethical issue which is concerned with right vs wrong... it bends whichever way the wind blows so that non-interference maintains the balance; In daoism, this might be considered, in western-speak, righting the wrong... but it comes natural to the native.

My GF talks with a friend and now thinks I am wrong.

"No can do visa K3 from HK, needa send me data about this thing, if can then trust you"

Can no copy web of talk needa proof that can visa from HK

God, one step forward and two steps back.

Here we go again, this is something that I was in constant battle with my ex. Well, wish I could give you some valuable advice, but you may not want to hear it :rolleyes:

Edited by carl.hops (see edit history)

I think you miss my point, David. He can be right, and he can correct her error, but just like wind through a tree, let it go by without announcement or notice...

I get it... but why worry about being 'right' or not... that's my point...

She is always right. You are either supportive or blind to a wrong. :rolleyes:

The Chinese expert syndrome is something almost all of us go through. I don't really understand it because I always take my wife's word for it about anything pertaining to China. Be sure to keep it to yourself while the so called expert is proved wrong a few times and what ever you do don't say "I told you so".

:rolleyes: this is expert advice