AOS timeline?

I looked for an AOS timeline, but couldn't find one.

We submitted 10-15 and had biometrics around Thanksgiving.

So we're at 90 days from submission and I'm wondering what comes next and when should I expect it.

Can anyone point me to the AOS timeline or enlighten me on the process a bit.

I also cannot seem to get a warm body anymore when I call USCIS.

Griz, we were 3 months to EAD and about 5.5 months to Green Card.

For a set of statistics that would be more meaningful, you can check on VJ. Look at the forum for AOS, and within that forum, look at July AOS filers. That is the month that we filed. Someone created a spread sheet that tracked everything for all July AOS filers who shared their information. You can see at a glance how long it was taking on average, as well as the outliers for EAD, AP, Interview, and Green Card.

Montana is quite fast! maybe around 4-5 months in total... you'll be much faster than most here.

I had heard Montana was faster than most...but our biometrics were done in Spokane, WA ... which is still faster than most.

This waiting without any indication of what's going on...PLUS...a step-daughter eager to go to college makes this wait maddening - to say nothing about the inability to get financial aid until she gets a green card. OYE!

14 months after interview and still waiting for the green card. We did get a letter that acknowledged we called about it at least.

Any reason why ?

I have no idea. As the OP stated, its hard to get a hold of a warm body, at least a warm body that knows anything, and infopass has been useless. There were no problems at the interview. My status on the website was last updated Oct 07. I have no criminal history if in fact the FBI is checking me. The only flag I can think of is I have traveled to about 65 countries.

14 months after interview and still waiting for the green card. We did get a letter that acknowledged we called about it at least.

Any reason why ?

I have no idea. As the OP stated, its hard to get a hold of a warm body, at least a warm body that knows anything, and infopass has been useless. There were no problems at the interview. My status on the website was last updated Oct 07. I have no criminal history if in fact the FBI is checking me. The only flag I can think of is I have traveled to about 65 countries.

contacted onbusman ?

Any reason why ?

contacted onbusman ?

yes - do this. We had three different ways to rattle their cage. They all said to check back in 90 days, so that gave us one probe every month.

Try the ombudsman, find a Congressman who will at least forward your inquiry to the USCIS and pass along the response, and schedule an InfoPass appointment.

In our case, the first round got the response that they had just initiated the program where an AOS could be approved without waiting for the FBI background check and to wait and see if that would get it going.

If you file a lawsuit, or file a Freedom of Information request, that can provide an excuse for them to do nothing while that request is being processed, although others have had luck with filing the writ of mandamus lawsuit.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

So we're at 90 days from submission and I'm wondering what comes next and when should I expect it.

I think you will see the light very soon since your case has been transferred to csc. Because my case was transferred to csc on Oct 1st and I just received a email from uscis and it says my case has been proved and they've already send me a welcome letter about a week ago. Hope this will warm you up in this freezing winter, lol.

I think you will see the light very soon since your case has been transferred to csc. Because my case was transferred to csc on Oct 1st and I just received a email from uscis and it says my case has been proved and they've already send me a welcome letter about a week ago. Hope this will warm you up in this freezing winter, lol.

I hope you're right.

We were transferred to CSC too. Our son received his welcome letter with his EAD card, we're still waiting for my wife's. It's been 4 months since submission, I just checked the USCIS website, the case is pending...