And the answer is...Pink!

We have been celebrating a bit, but weiwei was out at 9:50 with pink. Oh happy day!

She is still decompressing and trying to remember all the questions and I'll give more details later. It seems like there were about 20 questions. It's lot of questions but things went pretty smoothly.

Since there was no ACH this week, I made an appt and went to ACS yesterday to get an evolution letter notarized. The people there were very helpful. We made some conversation and connected and he read the letter and asked me some questions then opened her file and made some notes. He said "This looks good.", when I left but knowing that has been said and not come to fruition, I tried not to feel attached to that.

Today weiwei said that when her time came she bounded up to the window and said "Hello!" loudly to the Asian woman with short hair and the woman looked a little surprised but quickly responded with the same enthusiasm as Weiwei had shown. Weiwei then felt suddenly very strong and after a few questions she thought, "Oh, my English is so good today! I think best I ever speak." After some questions in English, she switched to asking in Chinese and they completed the interview that way. Even as she tries to tell me how she answered now she struggles a bit and says that this morning she say this answer perfect, and wonders why she has to think about it so much now.

When Weiwei came around the corner I couldn't see the paper yet but the fact that she was skipping, I felt, was a clue that the outcome was positive. Then she held up the paper to show me.

In her excitement, she forgot to arrange the delivery so I sent her back in to do that. Then she felt unsure that the paper had the correct stamp on it, so she went back again. Earlier, despite my best efforts at organization, she couldn't find her passport copy and they let her come out and copy it and go back in. By the last time, the guy at the 4th floor barricade said, "You again?" in Chinese and rolled his eyes.

Thank you all for your support in the other thread. I appreciate all your kind words.

Lee, my back went out last night. I might have to ask Ping for a good doctor here!

Weiwei asked me to especially thank Jian (Amanda) for her support and kind words. We are both rooting for you and Richard with all our hearts.

And Dylan and all the rest who are waiting their turn, we hope that your experience can be filled with pink. Enjoy the fine "American Coffee" in the coffee shop.

Lee, Bob and all who've gone before we are indebted to the information and support available from kind souls such as you.

Now we pray that the post office experience goes well and we get the visa printed before the holiday closure ensues. We'll be in Guangzhou until the 25th then we'll go to Yingkou to celebrate our success and the holiday with the family. We hope to be coming back to the US together around the first of February.

Thanks again to all.

Joe

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<_< CONGRATULATIONS! :blink:

To you guys Joe, I'm so happy to hear about your wonderful outcome :sosad:

As soon as you have the visa in hand you can relax and enjoy the fruits of your efforts ... nicely done!

Have a terrific Chinese New Year celebrating your success :suck_kr: for nows the time to :mbounce: ;)

Bob