Tennessee is TOO COLD

I lived just outside Norris, TN from mid 1984 to early 1990. Weather was generally pleasant during the winter. However, I remember one winter it got cold enough to kill most of the shrubs planted around my house. Also had 14 inches of snow in an unusual snowstorm. Also had one ice storm and had to leave my vehicle parked about a half mile from home since I could not get up the hill.

I now live in Las Cruces, NM. Overnight low about 29 and high today of just under 60. Not that I am rubbing it in :ph34r:

I lived just outside Norris, TN from mid 1984 to early 1990. Weather was generally pleasant during the winter. However, I remember one winter it got cold enough to kill most of the shrubs planted around my house. Also had 14 inches of snow in an unusual snowstorm. Also had one ice storm and had to leave my vehicle parked about a half mile from home since I could not get up the hill.

I now live in Las Cruces, NM. Overnight low about 29 and high today of just under 60. Not that I am rubbing it in :lol:

I remember that very cold day, eseum. In January 1985 it hit 24 below zero Farenheit because of some freakish jet stream/weather pattern.

Of course at that temperature, my heat pump was rendered useless.

I discovered that day my auxilliary electric heat had blown fuses on 2 of the 3 five KW heat banks.

Luckily, we had a wood burning fireplace.

I lived in Clinton at the time, very close to Norris, and like you, we lost a lot of shrubbery and a few trees.