What happen after the petitioner get lay off

Sorry to hear about your denial. What was the circumstance for the denial? You can appeal it and if you do keep that file in China no matter what. Knowing of the economic times you have to pass the poverty test, for sure $17,500 the minimum per year.

It will take a while to do the I-130 route, so the next time you have to show some type of wages or it will be a no go, unemployment wont cut it for sure. The other is to get a sponsor to help you along.

Sorry to hear about your denial. What was the circumstance for the denial? You can appeal it and if you do keep that file in China no matter what. Knowing of the economic times you have to pass the poverty test, for sure $17,500 the minimum per year.

It will take a while to do the I-130 route, so the next time you have to show some type of wages or it will be a no go, unemployment wont cut it for sure. The other is to get a sponsor to help you along.

Hello,

I just got layoff this morning that why I ask. The reason for denying the K1 was non bonafide and I really do not know what to do because job market is really bad right now.

For Co Sponsor, if he is making 50K and just supporting himself would that cut it?

Joe

Edited by flowers (see edit history)

Joe - IMO -

It depends on TIMING, specifically timing on 'when to present financials' .

If you pursue the K-3 - and not the CR-1 - you've got about 8 to 12 months from the time of filing to the time that she'll have to present the I-134 at the interview in GUZ.

If you pursue the CR-1 - you've got about 6 to 8 months from the time of filing to the time NVC wants to process the I-864.

My personal recommendation is that you file now, and bust yer @ss looking for new work.

You have some time, depending on which type of petition you are pursue-ing.

If you aren't gainfully employed in 6 months, then think hard about finding a co-sponser when it's time to get busy with the NVC.

Good Luck - try to keep in mind that 'any job' now, that at least meets your monthly expenses, is better than 'no job' .

Warmest Regards...

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

For Co Sponsor, if he is making 50K and just supporting himself would that cut it?

Joe

Yes, they need to make at least 23K to be a co-sponsor.

Hello Dylan,

So if I don't make anything and are on unemployment as long as I have a cosponsor that make 23K I should be fine?

Thanks

Joe

Guest Dylan W

Joe

Yes, they need to make at least 23K to be a co-sponsor.

Hello Dylan,

So if I don't make anything and are on unemployment as long as I have a cosponsor that make 23K I should be fine?

Thanks

Joe

I think you are going to want to find a job, or they will really scrutinize you. You just need to have a co-sponsor to support you if you don't make 17K per year. I'm no expert, this is just the info that was given to me when I was consulting with a lawyer, before filing myself.

technically speaking... the sponsor doesn't need to prove HE [himself] can support anyone. They just need to prove that they secured a means of sponsorship; either by their own income/assets or that of another. It's a case of, "show me the sponsorship".

Now, if the co-sponsor appeared not really capable... or in a bad situation... then they can disqualify on that. BUt that a sponsor is not employed and yet has a sponsor who does qualify, so should not be an issue. Since the co-sponsor is not off the hook so easily anyways.