A Big Thank You

jjdi

Hello everyone, I just wanted to take this time to thank all of you who have posted their experiences on this site. Like many of you, when I met and fell in love with my wife in Shanghai (she's Chinese), I had no idea just how complex the process of obtaining her visa was going to be. It seems the US gov't does everything in it's power to make life difficult to wade through this process. I blame everyone who has knowingly committed immigration fraud for our headaches. So knowing that this was going to be so involved, I educated myself and spent HOURS making sure I was very thorough.

That's where all of you came into the picture. If not for your support, I really would have stumbled through this process blindly. The tips, anecdotes, advice and suggestions really gave us confidence.

Yesterday my wife Lily went to GZ for her interview. She brought every piece of evidence we could find, including new photos and all original documents and 200 e-mails, etc. During the interview she was asked many questions ("Where did he go to High School", "Where was he born?", "Where do his parents live?", "How long has he owned his home?", "Where does he work?", "Where/when did you meet?", "How do you communicate?", "How many times has he visited?"). Lily answered each question clearly in English (no small task), and with confidence. The officer only wanted to see the photos and that's it. We have been married for 2 years so I think that was beneficial. Either way, we were prepared. This is the key.

After the final question, the consulate officer pulled out a pink slip and happily said "Congratulations." Lily said the officer seemed truly happy to share this good news.

One more thing. Much has been said about Mr. Yang here. We called him to inquire about booking one of his rooms (in the same building as the consulate). He proved to be a useful source of information and was very accomodating. I have only good things to say about this man.

Thank you all again for your contributions. This site and Visa Journey are invaluable to anyone who is going through this process.

Good luck to you all, Lily and John

Hello everyone, I just wanted to take this time to thank all of you who have posted their experiences on this site. Like many of you, when I met and fell in love with my wife in Shanghai (she's Chinese), I had no idea just how complex the process of obtaining her visa was going to be. It seems the US gov't does everything in it's power to make life difficult to wade through this process. I blame everyone who has knowingly committed immigration fraud for our headaches. So knowing that this was going to be so involved, I educated myself and spent HOURS making sure I was very thorough.

That's where all of you came into the picture. If not for your support, I really would have stumbled through this process blindly. The tips, anecdotes, advice and suggestions really gave us confidence.

Yesterday my wife Lily went to GZ for her interview. She brought every piece of evidence we could find, including new photos and all original documents and 200 e-mails, etc. During the interview she was asked many questions ("Where did he go to High School", "Where was he born?", "Where do his parents live?", "How long has he owned his home?", "Where does he work?", "Where/when did you meet?", "How do you communicate?", "How many times has he visited?"). Lily answered each question clearly in English (no small task), and with confidence. The officer only wanted to see the photos and that's it. We have been married for 2 years so I think that was beneficial. Either way, we were prepared. This is the key.

After the final question, the consulate officer pulled out a pink slip and happily said "Congratulations." Lily said the officer seemed truly happy to share this good news.

One more thing. Much has been said about Mr. Yang here. We called him to inquire about booking one of his rooms (in the same building as the consulate). He proved to be a useful source of information and was very accomodating. I have only good things to say about this man.

Thank you all again for your contributions. This site and Visa Journey are invaluable to anyone who is going through this process.

Good luck to you all, Lily and John

Fantastic!!!! Best Wishes to you.

jjdi - CONGRATULATIONS !!! excellent news !!!

Now, I beg of you, pay it forward, and write up your timeline for your signature block.

Warmest Regards..

• 2 weeks later...