waybill number for August 29th

Thanks tywy 99, you da man! looks like its held up in customs, no surprise there.

September 01, 2003 13:40

Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic Arrived at DHL Gateway Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic

September 01, 2003 13:40

Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic Clearance processing complete at Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic

September 01, 2003 21:09

Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic Clearance delay

October 08, 2003 21:08

Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic Clearance delay

October 09, 2003 15:56

Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic Clearance processing complete at Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic

October 09, 2003 17:50

Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic Departed from DHL Gateway Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic

October 10, 2003 10:35

Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic Shipment delivered

One Month in customs processing. There MUST be a better way. I would have thought that there would be a way to ship directly from the USA to the US Embassy without going through customs. But, I presume that customs becomes more important as it gives the Chinese a glimpse of what is happening in the Embassy.

Any reason why the US couldn't use a fax machine? E-Mail? Centeral server with remote access?

Everything else in the world is going digital.

My old passport had a real "Passport Photo" afixed inside. The new one is digital. Driver's License..... All digital now.

It would only take a couple of minutes to scan in the application (assuming there wasn't an option to submit it digitally). In fact, if we submitted it digitally, things like background checks could occur automatically as soon as we hit the "enter" key.

Of course, I do like one of the early steps to involve a physical mail confirmation to help prevent fraud. I am not sure what additional information would be gleaned from a physical confirmation other than a signature (perhaps thumbprint), and postmark.

Best of luck for a speedy finish to the processing.

----- Clifford ------

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Month in customs processing.  There MUST be a better way.  I would have thought that there would be a way to ship directly from the USA to the US Embassy without going through customs.  But, I presume that customs becomes more important as it gives the Chinese a glimpse of what is happening in the Embassy.

It's a horribly random process as well. My case was apparently shipped on Sept 5 (Fri) and arrived at the consulate on Sept 8 (Mon). At least that's how DHL reports it.

It's a horribly random process as well.  My case was apparently shipped on Sept 5 (Fri) and arrived at the consulate on Sept 8 (Mon).  At least that's how DHL reports it.

I am curious, how did know when it was shipped and how did you obtain a tracking number?

Did NVC give you this? I am asking because mine is supposed to be shipped soon.

I am also getting the same reply of "no record" ho hum :(

HA! Found new ones!!!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-071.gif http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/travesmilies/tierischesmilies/smilie_schildkroete.gif

What did the snail say while riding on the turtle's back???......He said, ""Wheeeeeee!!!"" :P

Shameles "bump"  Looking for answer:

I am curious, how did know when it was shipped and how did you obtain a tracking number?

What is the mailing date NVC gave you?

I don't know. I called NVC about the status of the name check. She said it would be forwarded to GZ in the next 10-15 days. That was 10/23/03.

I don't know. I called NVC about the status of the name check. She said it would be forwarded to GZ in the next 10-15 days. That was 10/23/03.

I don't know if I would put too much faith in that reply. That "10-15 day" reply may be so but I highly doubt it. I have heard that one before.

It's been a week since you have called them. You might want to call them back to inquire again and do so once a week until NVC can give you a mailing date. Once you have that mailing date, call DHL and inquire about all parcels shipped by NVC from Manchester, NH to the GZ IV unit for that particular day. Ask for a waybill number. You can track it then.

-good luck :blink:

It's a horribly random process as well.  My case was apparently shipped on Sept 5 (Fri) and arrived at the consulate on Sept 8 (Mon).  At least that's how DHL reports it.

Did my case hit this horribly random process? 4 packages were picked up from NVC on Oct. 20. The status is:

9492964062 (6 kgs)

Portsmouth, NH - USA

Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic

Clearance delay as of: October 29, 2003 21:13

9492963701 (0.5kg)

Portsmouth, NH - USA

Signed for by: STAMP

Shipment delivered: October 27, 2003 15:32

9492964283 (0.5kg)

Portsmouth, NH - USA

9492964611 (0.5kg)

Portsmouth, NH - USA

any ideas? :rolleyes:

It's a horribly random process as well.  My case was apparently shipped on Sept 5 (Fri) and arrived at the consulate on Sept 8 (Mon).  At least that's how DHL reports it.

Did my case hit this horribly random process? 4 packages were picked up from NVC on Oct. 20. The status is:

9492964062 (6 kgs)

Portsmouth, NH - USA

Clearance delay as of: October 29, 2003 21:13

9492963701 (0.5kg)

Portsmouth, NH - USA

9492964283 (0.5kg)

Portsmouth, NH - USA

9492964611 (0.5kg)

Portsmouth, NH - USA

any ideas? :(

Karen,

The DHL / GZ clearance delays are taking about 30 + days to clear...however this is not an exact science, so your case may clear sooner or later

Good luck

3 out of 4 packages were delivered to GZ consulate. only 1 left ! But I think my case should be in the left one.  :)

Look on the bright side... Even if it had cleared customs, it would just be sitting in a mailroom anyway. Your petition is comfortable in either place... :(

Jerry

Look on the bright side...  Even if it had cleared customs, it would just be sitting in a mailroom anyway.  Your petition is comfortable in either place...  :(

Jerry

Have you read my another post? A girl got her P3 yesterday but her NOA2 is on Sep. 3!

Yeah, you are right. But I don't want my petition too comfortable, I want it move forward here and there without stay...hehe...in fact it lost at NVC for half year after my name check was done on April 4! It had enough rest at NVC. :)

Look on the bright side...  Even if it had cleared customs, it would just be sitting in a mailroom anyway.  Your petition is comfortable in either place...  :(

Jerry

Have you read my another post? A girl got her P3 yesterday but her NOA2 is on Sep. 3!

There's no rhyme or reason to it at all. Believe me, I have tried to find some. Just know that your case is awaiting at the P3 stage. Better than being at the BCIS stage!...lol. P3 is the next milestone to reach. When that will come to be?, who really knows??? but just know, it will come. Then the wait for P4 will be on!......:)...then the interview date...and then the fruit of all your toil and turmoil.....the visa!!!

%%-good luck

I don't know if I would put too much faith in that reply. That "10-15 day" reply may be so but I highly doubt it. I have heard that one before.

It's been a week since you have called them. You might want to call them back to inquire again and do so once a week until NVC can give you a mailing date. Once you have that mailing date, call DHL and inquire about all parcels shipped by NVC from Manchester, NH to the GZ IV unit for that particular day. Ask for a waybill number. You can track it then.

-good luck :blink:

Thanks for the info,, I appreciate it