waybill number for August 29th

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm ... I was feeling rather upbeat since our case is now already in GUZ awaiting clearance. But now knowing that 215Dave's has been there since September 1st and still awaiting clearance, well ... hmm. So, when it was at NVC, I was awaiting clearance and now it's in GUZ and I'm awaiting clearance. Interesting. I can only guess the earliest package to arrive in GUZ would clear first. That only makes me wonder how many are in the queue for clearance.

August 29th was also the date NVC told me that my files were sent to GZ.  Now I know where the paperwork is - in limbo.

Thanks for the info.  If I remember, the consulate is closed 10/1 - 10/5.  Well, at least, I'll get some sleep for a week before I start calling again.

Our case was sent from NVC to GZ on August 8th and sat in a DHL clearance delay until Sept 11th, and GZ still tells us that they have not received(processed) our petition as of yet.........?

Gods help us....!

August 29th was also the date NVC told me that my files were sent to GZ.  Now I know where the paperwork is - in limbo.

Thanks for the info.  If I remember, the consulate is closed 10/1 - 10/5.  Well, at least, I'll get some sleep for a week before I start calling again.

Our case was sent from NVC to GZ on August 8th and sat in a DHL clearance delay until Sept 11th, and GZ still tells us that they have not received(processed) our petition as of yet.........?

Gods help us....!

Are you e-mailing the IV unit once a week??? and if so, what is there response time and their message to you about your case?

Are you e-mailing the IV unit once a week??? and if so, what is there response time and their message to you about your case?

For the first two emails, no response whatsoever, but the third email got a response in one day. I guess I needed to reach a critical mass before they took notice.

Dear Frank ******,

Thanks for your email. We've checked our files for your fiancee based

on the information you provided, but could not locate any record. You have our assurance once the case reaches us, we will set it under processing as

soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely,

The Immigrant Visa Unit

This one was dated 9/25 and, despite the information, it was nice to see such a quick turnaround. My next email will go later this week.

For the first two emails, no response whatsoever, but the third email got a response in one day. I guess I needed to reach a critical mass before they took notice.

Dear Frank ******,

Thanks for your email. We've checked our files for your fiancee based

on the information you provided, but could not locate any record. You have our assurance once the case reaches us, we will set it under processing as

soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely,

The Immigrant Visa Unit

This one was dated 9/25 and, despite the information, it was nice to see such a quick turnaround. My next email will go later this week.

I have been E-mailing about once every seven days, I have recieved no response, however, my fiancee has been calling and got thru twice and the message is the same as above........no case record yet, we will contact you once we receive it.....

My thoughts are GZ may accumulate a certain amount of cases and then send out one big mailing....so those who get caught in the beggining of the the batch wait the longest for P3. Just a guess?

I know of some cases forwarded to GZ in July still have not received P3 yet.

Is GZ just completely swamped or is this Gov inefficiency at work here?

Keep up the good work, guys. E-mail GZ once a week because this is the stage that you are at in this process. Not much more can be done but to e-mail GZ until one day you see that e-mail you have been looking for and then you will forget all about the time you have been waiting, ready to move on to the next step. True...lol. I can't stress it enough, patience is the key in dealing with the time and waiting and that is all it really is.....time. Such a small price to pay for a lifetime with your loved ones. Hell, it won't be long before I see you two posting P3's received!...lol.

Hang in there, it is surely coming! :D

-good luck,,,as always

How does one contact GZ consulate without the case #? dont they have to receive it to assign one? The case number looks like a reqiured entry on their e-mail contact form.         Thanks :unsure:

Here is a copy of my inquiry. I used GZ's form and said "unknown" for the GUZ number.

-------------------- Registration Message Begin --------------------

Email_Address:

frank1538******

Is This Your First Email?: 0 18 Sep 2003

Beneficiary Name (pinyin): **** Jingwen

Relationship to Beneficiary: Other

Beneficiary Date of Birth: ********

Beneficiary Case Number: Unknown

Beneficairy Visa Catagory(optional): Fiancee K-1

Subjects: Other

Message_Text (optional):

According to information received from the National Visa Center, my

fiancee's files were sent to the consulate on 29 August 2003.

For my records, would you please confirm receipt of these files and

provide me with the GUZ number for future reference.

Thank you.

Frank ******

------------------------- Message end ------------------------------

How does one contact GZ consulate without the case #? dont they have to receive it to assign one? The case number looks like a reqiured entry on their e-mail contact form.         Thanks :unsure:

Use the GUZ number that NVC assigns to the case. Once GZ acknowledges the case, they will assign a new GUZ number.

Remember,,,e-mail GZ once a week!

-good luck

Use the GUZ number that NVC assigns to the case. Once GZ acknowledges the case, they will assign a new GUZ number.

So, GUZ doesn't continue to use the NVC GUZ case number but instead assigns its own GUZ case number? Interesting. Our case just arrived in GUZ Monday, September 29. When would be a good idea to start sending the e-mail to GUZ? And is the delay due to customs clearance? Why would a package of documents need to clear customs anyway and why the delay? The company I work for has sent documents via DHL to China and they cleared in a heartbeat (as in shipped on a Friday, arrived Monday, delivered Tuesday)! I suppose this is yet something else I don't fully understand.