Letter from Employer

Guest Dylan W

Guest Dylan W

Would anyone share theirs with me as a sample? I will get mine Wednesday afternoon, just wanting to make sure I get it uniform and in a good format, with the right information on it. You can E-mail me if you would like. :blink:

I believe reference letters will be fine. Ask the boss to write you a reference letter and put it in a sealed envelope. That's how I did. But the VO didn't ask for any though.

Would anyone share theirs with me as a sample? I will get mine Wednesday afternoon, just wanting to make sure I get it uniform and in a good format, with the right information on it. You can E-mail me if you would like. :blink:

With a co-sponsor, and the I-134, you will not need the employer letter, they are issuing the visa on the co-sponsors income. W-2's would probably be sufficient for 2008, but if you also have the 1040's, you would be covered. Your co-sponsor may need the employer letter, since he is responsible. You will be responsible when the time comes for AOS.

Mike & Yizhen

In response to your question, I looked up my employment letter from the K-3. Here is a list of the info: DATE, TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, NAME, EMPLOYEE NUMBER, SSN, ADDRESS, CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE, DATE OF HIRE, JOB TITLE, JOB RATE, EMPLOYMENT(PERMANENT/40 HRS PER WEEK), CONTACT PHONE NUMBER, and THE SIGNATURE OF THE PAYROLL MANAGER. I hope this helps, Mike & Yizhen

Would anyone share theirs with me as a sample? I will get mine Wednesday afternoon, just wanting to make sure I get it uniform and in a good format, with the right information on it. You can E-mail me if you would like. :)

I followed a format from our lawyer and just got a letter that said

XXX XXX has been employed by XXXXXX since (date). His annual salary is $XXX.

Lawyer said it was OK for the payroll dept to do it but since I have regular contact with the CEO, I asked him to do it and he was happy to.

I had it notarized along with the I-134 before sending them both to Weiwei.

Joe

Guest Dylan W

Would anyone share theirs with me as a sample? I will get mine Wednesday afternoon, just wanting to make sure I get it uniform and in a good format, with the right information on it. You can E-mail me if you would like. :)

I followed a format from our lawyer and just got a letter that said

XXX XXX has been employed by XXXXXX since (date). His annual salary is $XXX.

Lawyer said it was OK for the payroll dept to do it but since I have regular contact with the CEO, I asked him to do it and he was happy to.

I had it notarized along with the I-134 before sending them both to Weiwei.

Joe

I will ask my police chief to do it here, because I know he will. And my new job I have an appointment with personnel on Wednesday. They have 3 police chiefs so I won't bother them. Their letterhead is beautiful by the way. :D

I start at my new agency on Feb. 2nd with a 30% salary increase! :)

Would anyone share theirs with me as a sample? I will get mine Wednesday afternoon, just wanting to make sure I get it uniform and in a good format, with the right information on it. You can E-mail me if you would like. :partytime2:

To Whom It May Concern,

This letter is to confirm that (name) is employed by (name) since (date) as (job title) and his annual salary is....

(Name) is in good standing with the company and his position is full time.

This must be on original letterhead. I would ask for 2 or 3 original copies.

Edited by michaelt (see edit history)
Guest Dylan W

Would anyone share theirs with me as a sample? I will get mine Wednesday afternoon, just wanting to make sure I get it uniform and in a good format, with the right information on it. You can E-mail me if you would like. :partytime2:

To Whom It May Concern,

This letter is to confirm that (name) is employed by (name) since (date) as (job title) and his annual salary is....

(Name) is in good standing with the company and his position is full time.

This must be on original letterhead. I would ask for 2 or 3 original copies.

I will get one from my current employer, who I will leave on the 31st, and also one from my new employer that I will start on the 2nd. I will have them put my estimated annual salary, because it is a huge increase. I was going to use hours and wages...

You may use below template to instruct your employer to generate letter on company letterhead.

1. Letter should be typed on company letterhead.

2. Letter must be dated.

3. Letter must be signed and that person's title must be listed.

4. Letter must include the dates employed.

5. Letter must have wage/hour translated in salary/year.

Letter of Employment

Date: <January 01, 2008>

Re: Employment verification for <petitioner's full name>

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to confirm that <petitioner's full name> is employed with us since <employment start date>. <petitioner's full name> is currently working with us as <petitioner's role/title>. His/Her annual salary annual salary is $00,000.00 for year <current year>.

Please feel free to contact us if your office should require further information.

Sincerely,

<authorized person¡¯s signature>

<authorized person¡¯s name>

<authorized person¡¯s designation>

<company name>

Guest Dylan W

Thank you all! I will get it tomorrow at my appointment with personnel. :lol: I also asked to get one from my old employer, so you can see that I am changing departments, and that I am stable. Not to mention I will be getting a better wage! :wub:

Guest Dylan W

Here's what my old employer gave me. I will get one from my new employer when I go back to turn in my insurance options and retirements stuff. What do you think?

http://i41.tinypic.com/2dcbq14.jpg

With a co-sponsor, and the I-134, you will not need the employer letter, they are issuing the visa on the co-sponsors income. W-2's would probably be sufficient for 2008, but if you also have the 1040's, you would be covered. Your co-sponsor may need the employer letter, since he is responsible. You will be responsible when the time comes for AOS.

Mike & Yizhen

Even with a co-sponsor the sponsor needs to complete the I-134 to show a full picture of their income, usually Tax Returns and Employment letter. The co-sponsor's information is provided as supporting evidence to the one supplied by the sponsor.

It's easier to have too much information at the interview than have the VO request an employment letter to complete what they believe is needed.

Guest Dylan W

Mike & Yizhen

Even with a co-sponsor the sponsor needs to complete the I-134 to show a full picture of their income, usually Tax Returns and Employment letter. The co-sponsor's information is provided as supporting evidence to the one supplied by the sponsor.

It's easier to have too much information at the interview than have the VO request an employment letter to complete what they believe is needed.

Yes yes, I know. I have all of that, if I am using a co-sponsor, I will be making sure that they are the one who can prove they can support us both the beneficiary, and petitioner to an extent. I learned the amounts and such (which aren't a problem) from my attorney I initially hired, before filing myself, shortly before I found CFL.

I will list everything that I am including with some photos when we get pink! You all will be so proud of me! Heck, I'm proud of me, especially since it was before I even knew what a kitchen sink, and front-loading was!

As far as co-sponsor, I am including their tax transcripts for 3 years, copies of W-2's for year 2008 (since my father is too lazy to file before April), an employer letter, and even a few other docs which I have learned from CFL and VJ. If it shows good interest when I got to ACH, I will let you know how it goes. And of course the I-134... can't have all this icing without the cake! :lol: