BofA transfer to China construction bank

I have a quick question for those who have transfered money from US to china via wire transfer. We are trying to figure out what we would need from Bank of china Account holder in order to make this happen.

I know we need the following information:

1. account number

2. account name

what else do we need to get from china construction bank in order for us to do a transfer from BofA.

thanks all.

Edited by scooby94 (see edit history)

bank of china will have 'swift code'

bank of america will have 'aba routing number'

these two things are functionally equivalent, and identify the bank.

for some bank of china 'places' you'll need the 'sub branch code' , but usually swift code and account number and holder name is enough.

bank of china will have 'swift code'

bank of america will have 'aba routing number'

these two things are functionally equivalent, and identify the bank.

for some bank of china 'places' you'll need the 'sub branch code' , but usually swift code and account number and holder name is enough.

Excellent! thank you.

If you have a BoA debit card, you can go to any CCB atm (you mentioned both Bank of China and China Construction Bank in your post) and withdraw money as RMB directly, great exchange rate and no atm fee, either. Just use your 4-digit pin # and you're golden. There will be a daily limit on the amount withdrawn, so if'n you need to transfer a large amount it may not be practical. I do this every month to retrieve my SSA benefit in Chengdu. Btw, you don't even need to have an account at CCB to do this, just walk up to any CCB atm.

Edited by Bill & Tian (see edit history)

silly me. I thought if I looked it up on the B of A website i could learn something to share with you. hahahaha

http://www.bankofamerica.com/deposits/chec...p;statecheck=FL

check it out. the bottom line? "go to your nearest branch office"

In years past B of A was a hassle. We used East West Bank. I imagine the procedure is similar. We filled out the forms, in branch, including a telephone authorization form.

It's been a long time since we sent a wire. Doesn't matter. Do what they said- go the branch office. Ha! If it's anything like our nearest branch (we call it the stupid branch) you better find your nearest major banking center.

If you have a BoA debit card, you can go to any CCB atm

We tried this in Nanning in Oct-Dec 2007. Not possible. The answer we got was that the small, local branch ATMs were not yet ready for this type transaction. We tried, at random, all over town.

The one and only place we could withdraw money, fee free, from the CCB ATM using our B of A debit card was the main CCB (China Construction Bank) office tower in NanHu Park near downtown.

We could withdraw from some other Bank's ATMs at the cost of outrageous fees.

Yuehan - ThingsHaveChanged in 2008, as the CCB / BoA partnership blossomed, more and more CCB atms were using the upgraded back end portal. I'd suggest to you that in 2007, you were getting in on the beginning of the rollout.

Yuehan - ThingsHaveChanged in 2008, as the CCB / BoA partnership blossomed, more and more CCB atms were using the upgraded back end portal. I'd suggest to you that in 2007, you were getting in on the beginning of the rollout.

I just signed up for a BoA checking account/debit card for laopo to use as a backup for the BOC card. So I'm anxious to see how it will work. She'll be using it in Hunan, Hainan and Yunnan... :dunno: While I'm... :cold: my arse off in the upper midwest... :(

Yuehan -... you were getting in on the beginning of the rollout.

Next time we return we'll find out. I would be Happy to hear from any of the many Nanning (ie- not other places- only Nanning) travelers we have on this board about their experiences with CCB & BoA debit cards on this end of the roll out.

In the meantime, back to the topic. What's needed to send a wire to China from B of A to CCB?