1 question for western men

Guest jin979

Guest jin979

why you make big mess when you cooking .never wash vegetables . so to be honest . i don't like to see husband cook . and i have spoken about this with my cousin . because she also married with western man . then she told me the same thing . so i wonder why is that ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why you make big mess when you cooking .never wash vegetables . so to be honest . i don't like to see husband cook . and i have spoken about this with my cousin . because she also married with western man . then she told me the same thing . so i wonder why is that ?

You have chosen slobs

Hi Jin,

I like Randy's answer! :lol:

I always wash the vegetables and I tend to be very neat in the kitchen, probably because I'm don't like cleaning up a big mess :o When I'm alone in the USA and I cook (or should I say heat as in use the microwave) I'll do it on the plate I'm going to eat from so I have one less thing to wash <_<

Haiqing on the other hand really knows how to cook, not just heat, and she'll use everything in the kitchen if required regardless of how much needs to be cleaned up afterwards :blink: ... of course that's probably because I'm the dishwasher!!! :lol: :blink: :lol:

We're going up North to spend Chinese New Years with family and Haiqing and her mom are already planning the meals and will be making the traditional dumplings from scratch. She told her mom "don't worry, I'm bringing the dishwasher!" :( :o :P

Does Rob know how to wash dishes? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob

Wow, condemned by my own brothers <_<

I, for one, am Guilty. I don't wash veggies because I'm in a hurry to get out of the kitchen and why wash the stuff ? The grocery store does a good enough job watering them down. Any bacteria, should get killed in the heat of cooking. What's the problem ? And leaving a bit of a mess, well, yeah. That's what kitchens are for right ?

Neither me nor my SO are clean freaks. I like clean, but I don't freak over it.

Edited by jhammer (see edit history)

Honestly in my situation, the mess part applies to Ying! :unsure: I won't even let her in the kitchen sometimes!

Now I always at least rinse off veggies in the US. In China we have some special soap. she will use the soap on meat to wash it too. Probably a good idea since I have seen people picking through raw meat and chicken with their bare hands at the supermarket.