1 question for western men

Guest jin979

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE IMPOSSIBLE but her goes anyway...

i think i will train him to stay out of the kitchen :)

Half right. I stay OUT of the freaking kitchen when she is in there, and I run her off and don't allow her to even look my way when I either cook or wash the dishes. Leave him alone. Well at least have him clean up after you eat.

Heck if I let guests know how she washes dishes they would all lose their appetites. just kidding but it does not look sanitary from the way most of us were trained.

It all boils down to this, he never got sick from HIS way of doing it and I bet you didn't either. He never got sick from eating your food off of your dishes regardless of how you clean them, right? So just realize your both right and live happily ever after. Just quit looking at what he is doing. Leave him alone when he is cooking or cleaning. :lol:

Edited by SheLikesME? (see edit history)

This is what my husband explained to me: the vegetable or fruits here are organic. It sounds that organic food needs not to be washed. But i wash everything before I cook it. Another phenomenon, when I just arrived here, I was so not used to drinking the water directly from the tap. In China at least where I come from, you either drink the water from the purified water or cook the water before you drink. We are taught drinking the water directly from the tap will make you sick.

This is what my husband explained to me: the vegetable or fruits here are organic. It sounds that organic food needs not to be washed. But i wash everything before I cook it. Another phenomenon, when I just arrived here, I was so not used to drinking the water directly from the tap. In China at least where I come from, you either drink the water from the purified water or cook the water before you drink. We are taught drinking the water directly from the tap will make you sick.

Drinking tap water is fine here in the USA, but organic or not, it's still advisable to wash all veggies before eating. Even if they were free of dirt and pesticides, who's to say that a little kid didn't sneeze on them 5 minutes before you bought them, or 50 people haven't handled them, dropped them, etc. Washing is good.

Drinking tap water is fine here in the USA, but organic or not, it's still advisable to wash all veggies before eating. Even if they were free of dirt and pesticides, who's to say that a little kid didn't sneeze on them 5 minutes before you bought them, or 50 people haven't handled them, dropped them, etc. Washing is good.

yeah like a bird maybe flew over...

Actually washing helps only a little unless you use an antibiotic rinse. Peeling fruit or cooking everything is more effective.

Certified Organic means it was not exposed to pesticide or other chemicals, although this could have come from the air or water table. Washing does not remove pathogens or pesticide. Pathogens anchor into the skin (especially stubborn on meat) and must be killed not rinsed off. In China you can find these rinses in grocery stores. I've never seen them here in the USA. They are used by commercial processors in the USA.

Every home should have a spray bottle in the kitchen of bleach and water. Only a little bleach is needed. Spray counters and cutting boards whenever they are rinsed between different products. Clean knives between cutting fruit, vegetables and meat. This will reduce your spreading bacteria from one to the other. Make sure surfaces are kept dry so pathogens don't have an environment to grow in. Traditional handling by leaving food out or wrapped in cloth makes the surface dry. When cooked it is often controlled by the PH. Vinegar or Soy Sauce is good for this. USCs trust your spouse when she/he leaves things out that are cooked beyond the FDA/USDA recommended 4 hours. It probably is prepared in a traditional method of preservation.

Actually washing helps only a little unless you use an antibiotic rinse. Peeling fruit or cooking everything is more effective.

Certified Organic means it was not exposed to pesticide or other chemicals, although this could have come from the air or water table. Washing does not remove pathogens or pesticide. Pathogens anchor into the skin (especially stubborn on meat) and must be killed not rinsed off. In China you can find these rinses in grocery stores. I've never seen them here in the USA. They are used by commercial processors in the USA.

Every home should have a spray bottle in the kitchen of bleach and water. Only a little bleach is needed. Spray counters and cutting boards whenever they are rinsed between different products. Clean knives between cutting fruit, vegetables and meat. This will reduce your spreading bacteria from one to the other. Make sure surfaces are kept dry so pathogens don't have an environment to grow in. Traditional handling by leaving food out or wrapped in cloth makes the surface dry. When cooked it is often controlled by the PH. Vinegar or Soy Sauce is good for this. USCs trust your spouse when she/he leaves things out that are cooked beyond the FDA/USDA recommended 4 hours. It probably is prepared in a traditional method of preservation.

Here's a fruit and vegetable wash I've seen advertised quite a bit in recent years, should be available in major grocery stores. It's called Fit.

http://www.tryfit.com/

Well my 8 and 9 year old girls took a stab at cooking when I was gone for 2 days at work with my buddy watching them. It took me 2 hours of hard cleaning to get everything right again. :victory: I think someone dropped a bowl of some sort of tomato sauce dish as it was all over the walls and base boards etc... :suck_kr:

Looks like I have crossed into that stage of life where I must impart the ideals of a clean kitchen to my children. :rolleyes: