Does it matter how many trips you make to China?

Avs81

I have only been to China once, this past April 08 and I was wondering if it might be an issue with the VO when the interveiw comes.

It costs a lot of money to fly there from Boston, 1,500 dollars plus expenses and hotel.

I don't see how the VO could expect a person to fly there more than 3 times without spending at least 5,000 dollars.

I know asking what the VO will say is a crapshoot, but will it be a huge problem? Thanks for the advice.

Bill

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only been to China once, this past April 08 and I was wondering if it might be an issue with the VO when the interveiw comes.

It costs a lot of money to fly there from Boston, 1,500 dollars plus expenses and hotel.

I don't see how the VO could expect a person to fly there more than 3 times without spending at least 5,000 dollars.

I know asking what the VO will say is a crapshoot, but will it be a huge problem? Thanks for the advice.

Bill

take as many as you can, right up to the interview and go to ACH before the interview. I was right where you are on your current time line (a year ago, just all in 2007) l couldn't believe it would take four months to clear customs, and not get an interview until the end of June 08. Now I'm in China right now getting married because on a denial on my I-129f in Oct 08. If you don't do it right you will pay a lot more in the long run.

R/ Pete

Edited by peterd01 (see edit history)

I hear from some it doesn't matter but I also hear comments from VO's like "He only visited you once?". I have to say visit as many times as you can afford to do. If you can do twice a year then do twice a year, you you can do once a month then do once a month. The more the better IMHO. B)

Bill

You can read many posts where the question of "how many times has your husband or fiance visited you"

I don't know what flight your taking but I fly out of Newark for $1100

Bill

You can read many posts where the question of "how many times has your husband or fiance visited you"

I don't know what flight your taking but I fly out of Newark for $1100

Well, my flight was a month before i booked it, so that might have something to do with it i guess. Of course if I go again, I will give it a few months advance next time.

How long was your flight? Mine was over 22 hours long...not something I look forward to repeating again...

Cheap or expensive is relative. Look at it this way, if you were dating stateside would you be spending 2 grand over 6 months or so? I went two times. In 04 to meet Li in the flesh. Came back and filed K-1. Three blues and a white later went back in 06. According to GUZ you only need to go once. IMHO, go as often and as many times as you can. Go on credit cards if you must. Think big picture here.

Guest jin979

i think it can be important to some. look at it from VO eyes. they will will be looking at your taxes/monies and number if visits and wondering why if someone who makes $xxx,xxx does not more visits, or if you only make $xx,xxx wonder if you cannot afford to visit how will you support her when she is in usa.

Also if she is love of your life, wont VO wonder why you dont want to visit her more.

my thoughts are visits are important evidence in the establishment of "bonefide" so why be cheapstake now. chance being denied then have to pay for lawyer, new visa and more trips anyway.

you can rent very cheap apartments, stay with family, cook for yourselves while there, your fiancee. wife or husband knows your money right ? :lol: so will encourage this (if not beware for future, if they insist on 4* or more)

of course its up to you all. but if you love this person they are worth it, yes ? :P

good luck

Thanks everyone for your advice. I am thinking about going there for her interview and if everything goes well, fly back to the States with her.

I do make a good amount of money a year, but I do go to school and work full time, but its not easy to just fly over there with debt already here of course. Im sure everyone knows how the economy is here.

But I think I will go to the interview with her and I hope that makes a difference! have a good day, time for bed....

i think it can be important to some. look at it from VO eyes. they will will be looking at your taxes/monies and number if visits and wondering why if someone who makes $xxx,xxx does not more visits, or if you only make $xx,xxx wonder if you cannot afford to visit how will you support her when she is in usa.

Also if she is love of your life, wont VO wonder why you dont want to visit her more.

my thoughts are visits are important evidence in the establishment of "bonefide" so why be cheapstake now. chance being denied then have to pay for lawyer, new visa and more trips anyway.

you can rent very cheap apartments, stay with family, cook for yourselves while there, your fiancee. wife or husband knows your money right ? :huh: so will encourage this (if not beware for future, if they insist on 4* or more)

of course its up to you all. but if you love this person they are worth it, yes ? :)

good luck

Hi Jin...... :D

Well said and my feelings exactly....If you love her/him whether husband or wife..like Jin says...you will visit as much as you can afford.

And this is my opinion..... :D :D :o ;) :D

Tom and Ling

PS; I made a point to visit Ling every 4 to 5 months and when she received the P3 when I was there in Sept.....I made sure that I would be there for her interview as well.

But I like to visit China..... :D

Tom and Ling