Pins and needles

Yan is at the consulate at this very moment, with her daughter. I have much confidence but I think many people here are right, it's a bit of a crap shoot. I wasn't able to be there with her. I've asked her to call me after her interview. I know she will be crying. I just hope it's a happy cry.

Tom B

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

Ive been watching episodes of the Simpsons with my sons.

How late in the day do the interviews usually go? I know she had to get there at 7:00, but what time do they start the interviews? Do the gals stand a better chance if they happen to be adorable and funny?

I don't remember if I've ever waited for a phone call that was this important to me. I envy the people that have been able to be there with their SO's. If it's not pink I would love to be there to hold her. If it is pink, I would love to be able to hold her.

Tom B

Thanks

Ive been watching episodes of the Simpsons with my sons.

How late in the day do the interviews usually go? I know she had to get there at 7:00, but what time do they start the interviews? Do the gals stand a better chance if they happen to be adorable and funny?

I don't remember if I've ever waited for a phone call that was this important to me. I envy the people that have been able to be there with their SO's. If it's not pink I would love to be there to hold her. If it is pink, I would love to be able to hold her.

Tom B

I'm rooting for her too, buddy! Make some decaf tea - it takes up some time.

Bad news.

She got a blue slip. I haven't seen it yet but she told me that they want to see my taxes for 2005. The I-134 asks for one years tax return, so, to be prepared I sent two years. Now they ask her for three.

I think if I had given her three years of returns they would have probably asked for something else. i want to tell Yan how long of a delay this might be. Any ideas?

Guest Dylan W

This isn't really bad news. You know exactly what they need, piece of cake! I thought I read somewhere that you needed 3 years of transcripts. I don't remember where though, maybe it was DavidZ's 'Kitchen Sink' or FAQ's page.

length of delay, imo, depends on 'how evidence is submitted' - so if is walk in, maybe is less delay than 'mail in ' .. hard to say , without knowing exact contents of blue slip.

hang tough...