My wife does not wish to put her employment record on her G-325A form because the Government was not aware of it. She says she was told to simply put 'sales' on it and that would be good enough. I am unsure. It concerns me because it is an official form we are turning in.

Any thoughts?

It is never a good idea to lie to the USCIS. It can come back to haunt you years later. I doubt very seriously that they share the information gleaned from these forms with the Chinese government. I also doubt that the Chinese government cooperates with the US in verifying this information either. I don't the US government is very interested in what your wife does for a living unless it is military, government or sensitive technology.

This form is passed along to the Consulate in GUZ. Putting false information or omitting information can cause problems IMHO. If her job was "sales" then that is fine. But, the name and address of the company will have to be listed on this document as well as other documents. Be consistent and truthful.

Remember, one lie leads to another and another.......to try and cover up something and GUZ finds out.......you are SCREWED...........

Amen to that, if they catch it this will be noted a "MISREPRESENTATION" which is a tough WHITE SLIP to overcome and appeal.

Note the G-325A is NOT shared with China so is NOT an issue if she is worrying.

Remember, one lie leads to another and another.......to try and cover up something and GUZ finds out.......you are SCREWED...........

Amen to that, if they catch it this will be noted a "MISREPRESENTATION" which is a tough WHITE SLIP to overcome and appeal.

Dan, look at a copy of the G-325A. Look at page 4 and you will see the name "Consulate" beside "4".

Dan, look at a copy of the G-325A. Look at page 4 and you will see the name "Consulate" beside "4".

That would be the American consulate in Guangzhou.

Exactly. My earlier post said that the G-325A is sent to GZ.

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

My wife does not wish to put her employment record on her G-325A form because the Government was not aware of it. She says she was told to simply put 'sales' on it and that would be good enough. I am unsure. It concerns me because it is an official form we are turning in.

Any thoughts?

Being honesty, is a must to any government no matter China or USA.

Oh, I get it! I think Dan was alluding to the fact that she might worry that her employment might be shared with the Chinese government, not with the GUZ consulate.

Of course, it's sent to GUZ in China, but not to the Chinese gov't

Oh, I get it! I think Dan was alluding to the fact that she might worry that her employment might be shared with the Chinese government, not with the GUZ consulate.

Of course, it's sent to GUZ in China, but not to the Chinese gov't

I think it is possible when the name checks are done as in verification of employment.

Guest Dylan W

Prevarication or deliberate withholding of information are the same as lies. Be up front and honest. :shutup2:

What I mean is that the consulate more than likely would not be sharing this information with the Chinese Government. China is China, GUZ Consulate is US Government.

I believe the OP was concerned about the Chinese government knowing about benificiary's un-authorized employment.