WOMEN'S HEALTH

Two weeks ago I took Mei to the doctor again for her tennis elbow. At least that's what she thought. While she was in the restroom I told the doctor my other concerns because I know darn well that she'd get mad if I discussed it in front of her. Nevertheless.......as it turns out my suspicions were correct. The IUD that was inserted after she had Jason was still there. It's "tag" line was missing (if it ever had one) hence she had surgery this past Tuesday to remove it. It looks like a piece if the spring my grandma had on her back door. Yep, it'd been there for 22 years.

This was the first pelvic exam she'd had in as many years also. The exam revealed that the IUD had travelled as far as it could away from where it was placed. She kept refusing to go to the doctor for one. During the surgery the doctor did his job quite well and now things are lookin much better. I iitiated the medical visits because I love her and I'd kinda like to keep her for a while.

My point for posting this information is simply this. All of us here at CFL love our wives very much. It's truen that there are some obvious cultural differences and some things are simply to private to discuss. However.....we aren't in Kansas anymore. So, if a man is a true and caring husband he will do whatever is needed to make sure his wife's health is maintained. Some men handle it better than others. No matter ladies because your husband has a right to know these things and he also has a duty to take care of you. I LOVE MY WIFE!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tony n Terrific

Glad to see things turned out ok for your wife. My wife is a nurse in Nanning for 26 years now and she believes in the doctors orders. I on the other hand abhor doctors.

You are very right in saying a man should stand by his wife and family. Without our wives and family many men are like a lost ball in the weeds.

I wish your wife Mei a speedy recovery.

Glad things turned out well for you. I'll echo what you've said and add from personal experience that it's incredibly important to get our wives to an OB-GYN as soon as possible after they arrive. Despite what they tell us, and what they tell us their doctors have told them in China, it's crucial IMHO to have a check-up here as soon as possible.

Believe me, you just never know what kinds of things can get lost in translation between Chinese doctors, Chinese wives/fiancees and unsuspecting new American husbands.

Glad things turned out well for you. I'll echo what you've said and add from personal experience that it's incredibly important to get our wives to an OB-GYN as soon as possible after they arrive. Despite what they tell us, and what they tell us their doctors have told them in China, it's crucial IMHO to have a check-up here as soon as possible.

Believe me, you just never know what kinds of things can get lost in translation between Chinese doctors, Chinese wives/fiancees and unsuspecting new American husbands.

The GYN said that there was a growth in there but after the surgery he told me that all is well. I hadn't heard the term DNC in years..........

The GYN said that there was a growth in there but after the surgery he told me that all is well. I hadn't heard the term DNC in years..........

Glad all is well. We had some hospital experience (women's health issues as well) here in China recently that was completely horrific. But hey the entire week's stay was around $150. :icecream:

we know our bodies and health very well, dont push ask. women is very sensitive on this.

Jin, do you want to be involved in your husband's health? It is the same with your husband to be involved with yours.

IMHO there is nothing to be sensitive about when it comes to your husband making sure that you get the best western healthcare.

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

we know our bodies and health very well, dont push ask. women is very sensitive on this.

Jin, do you want to be involved in your husband's health? It is the same with your husband to be involved with yours.

IMHO there is nothing to be sensitive about when it comes to your husband making sure that you get the best western healthcare.

i agree but many women will be shy to talk this to you and also use chinese medicine

I'm going to argue with you on this, some of us are in

KANSAS!!!!

As for the rest of it, you are 1000% correct, get involved for the health and welfare of your spouse.

http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1231_hysterically_laughing.gif

http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1213.gif

I agree with the OP... you should make an appointmet for your wifes and children... I may have said before, I took my wife to the dentist and she needs 3 root canals... I always asked her to go in China, she said they said everything was ok.... I noticed a odor when she came from her mouth.... this is why I took her, turns out she had a "big bump" of infection on the roof of her mouth... just last week a week after her 1st root canal, the Dentist said it is gone. evidently the infection was draining from the abbcessed tooth to this area. One down, 2 more to go. I asked her why she didnt get this in China, she said the dentist said if she didn't have any pain she was ok... I will schedule doctor appointments soon for both her and our son... This was a good reminder for many here. We want to keep our ladies around for a long time... She would kill me if she knew I was saying this stuff... :D

Umm not sure what IUD stands for, unless you mean IUC, and if so then YIKES.

Maybe i'm weird but i'm VERY open about women's health with my husband. He's a bit paranoid about health things concerning me, but neglects himself. Perhaps it's a Chinese thing. However, i have to go against Jin and say that on the case of health it is OK to push your lady. Health is something that is TOO IMPORTANT to let you're wife just "have her way" and never go if she "doesn't feel like" here's a hint, they'll almost never feel like going.

Hell, right now my youngest sister (adopted) is in a panic because she "never felt like going" etc etc, and now she has a cyst in her breasts (her mother died of breast cancer). There are just too many issues in life that you can't risk letting slip by.

I'm at the women's doctor twice a year (mandatory check up that i make myself do) and an extra time if i suspect anything. Women are going to get bitchy if you force them to do to the doctor, but it's for thier own good! Don't let them mopslap you into submission.

Also this is probably a personal choice but i think wives should always at least offer to tell thier husbands what's going on with thier body. Some men don't want to know and will decline the info, that's fine, but they need to at least offer the info. Communication about health is very important

I'll totally agree with Missus A... :D Health issues ARE too important to leave them to chance... :unsure: I had no trouble getting my wife to go for an annual pelvic exam and breast exam but I have had little luck getting her to take calcium supplements... :D I have one of these weekly pill boxes with the supplements and a multi-vitamin for her and when I check it and see that she has missed SEVERAL days... :blink: I get an "I forgot"... :huh: I have to take a couple of pills every morning and have done so or about a decade now and have NEVER forgotten...And I know for sure that her brain is functioning better than my tired old cerebral cortex so what gives??? :lol: