Hey all.....just got notice by email today that my petition was DENIED. The email said that I would be receiving a hard copy of it soon, with the reason for denial.

I can't really put into non-profane words how I feel right now, so I just will say other than complete and utter sadness, I am feeling very angry as to why it took them 11 months to tell me NO.

What do I do now? Will I be able to appeal? If they denied it for the reason I think, then ....it is a bunch of B.S.

Can anyone tell me what my chances are for an approval if I appeal?

Thanks to the wonderful USCIS, this will probably be the worst Christmas I have ever had in my life.
I am supposed to call Xiaorong this morning, and I know she will be so upset. sad.gif I just want us to be together. I miss her so much. sad.gif

I just don't know what to do!!!! sad.gifsad.gif

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Wait for the hard copy, don't do anything until it arrives and you fully understand what happened. Appeals take time and cost more money than filing a new petition, but you need to see why they denied it before choosing your best course of action.

The one oddity in your case is the biometrics appointment, this seems really strange for the petitioner of an I-129F fiancee petition to be asked for biometrics.

Wait for the hard copy, don't do anything until it arrives and you fully understand what happened. Appeals take time and cost more money than filing a new petition, but you need to see why they denied it before choosing your best course of action.

The one oddity in your case is the biometrics appointment, this seems really strange for the petitioner of an I-129F fiancee petition to be asked for biometrics.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=29586&hl=

I'm thinking the same thing. Is there anything in your past that might have caused them to issue a denial based on your past?

I agree also. I have not heard of that either, fingerprinting the petioner. Terrible timing though.

Although this probably has something to do with the denial:

I am not sure if I posted this in the right place but I am in desperate need of help.

I am a convicted felon in the state of Indiana. It happened 6 years ago and it was not for any of the specific crimes listed on the I-129F form. Also, my fiancee already knows about it.

Edited by MikeXiao (see edit history)

well lets see - options:

1. rebut the denial or

2. file a new I-129F or

3. go to china, marry, file an I-130 or

4. go to china, stay there for a year, file a DCF'd I-130 or

5. go to china, get temp residency permit, live with her, forget about USCIS entirely. Acquire a technical skill needed whilst in China for the New Zealand market, apply for 'knowledge worker visa' in NZ, move yerself and yer lass there. Get NZ citizenship. (2 years of residency).