You've got 600 friends here to listen, chat, cajole, humor, sometimes bitch, and share.

We never bitch, do we ? :blink:

This is called " enthusiatic and constructive criticism of the slow-as-hell government immigration procedures "

Big difference !

ahem....

I stand corrected. We would never bitch. Let me rephrase my statement:

You've got 600 friends here to listen, chat, cajole, humer, and sometimes give "enthusiastic and constructive critisism of the slow-as hell government immigration procedures"©

© copyright, 2003 Eric & Yuhui

LOL. Good one Frank ! I'm gonna copyright that sucker.

Yes, one has to be politically correct these days...

Let not it happen again OK ?

:blink:

You guys are all great. Thanks for all the encouragement. I actually feel a lot better this weekend and knowing I'll see my wife in about 55 days gives me a goal to look forward to.

The other thing that has been difficult for me is the ex-wife is constantly hounding me to come back to her, and sometimes it's been very tempting. After she went through about five boyfriends, she realized she had a good one already (me) and has been hammering on me to "restore the family" for the last year or so. We've been divorced about 3.5 years, but she still looks delicious sometimes!

Thanks again for your support and words of encouragement.

John

You guys are all great.  Thanks for all the encouragement.  I actually feel a lot better this weekend and knowing I'll see my wife in about 55 days gives me a goal to look forward to.

The other thing that has been difficult for me is the ex-wife is constantly hounding me to come back to her, and sometimes it's been very tempting.  After she went through about five boyfriends, she realized she had a good one already (me) and has been hammering on me to "restore the family" for the last year or so.  We've been divorced about 3.5 years, but she still looks delicious sometimes!

Thanks again for your support and words of encouragement.

John

You said it right....only a temptation. Lots of temptations while we all wait. Boomerang wives can be tricky. I'm willing to bet you got a better deal waiting for you in China.

Hang in there...........

It was exactly one and one-half years from the time I saw my fiancee until the time I saw her again as she exited customs at LAX. At times, during the wait, it was very depressing. Sometimes I even thought it was all a dream, that the U.S. would never let us be together. But finally there was light at tunnel's end.

I kept myself busy while waiting for her. That made the time pass. I kept busy daily petitioning our gov't with letters, calls, etc. . . but that was in the old days. We also communicated daily by email and sometimes by Yahoo IM chat and video chat.

You will be together. Just hang in there. It will be worth it. <_<

Thanks to you all for your replies.  Before I found Candle, I thought I was all alone waiting.  Of course I have other friends, plus my two children (one still lives with me) to keep me from dwelling on this too much.

Plus my sister-in-laws, who look kinda like my wife, make me go shopping with them occasionally.  Good practice for the future.  I don't mind going shopping with them as long as they don't ask me  "can you hold my purse"?

Thanks again.

John

How can you tell the married guys at the mall? They are the ones looking uncomfortable and holding a purse! <_<