Home at Last

Got home last night....fiancee, son, daughter and cat and :lol: :lol: :headbang: 23 checked bags at the airline...not counting all the carry ons...had 6 airport carts full of the all too familiar mickey mouse bags...looked like we had just took everything santa had in his sleigh....please dont ask how much that cost me...she wanhted to go through everything again and throw much of it away or leave at the airport, but i told her to just keep in mind how much money it would cost to replace everything....ohhhhhh, was she PO'ed when she found out how much i had to pay for this....

Welcome Home !!! After the sorting is finished (see you in two weeks?) maybe suggest to her to sell the stuff she doesn't want for high dollar on e-bay...

If ya get a moment - hey - how about a nice writeup about the POE experience?

Welcome Home !!! After the sorting is finished (see you in two weeks?) maybe suggest to her to sell the stuff she doesn't want for high dollar on e-bay...

If ya get a moment - hey - how about a nice writeup about the POE experience?

sure....port of entry was a breeze....we came straight from beijing to chicago...all went throu the same entry at same time...handed them passports and the brown envelope...he opened and looked at everything, stamped a few things..asked when we would be getting married and told us to take the cat and papers to the cdc area to be looked at and we were on our way....oh....and she forgot to bring the xray...hahaha....and he did ask for it, but said was no big deal...and we also forgot to bring one bag that was left in her home....my fault of course.....was hiding behind the door in her home....dont know how much will cost to have this sent to us, but will take care of this later...but yeah...POE was a breeze

Wow! I am curious how much that cost, but I will keep my mouth shut. You are definitely the man when it comes to keeping family first sir! :D

Well shippin stuff by a freight container ain't cheap.

We had a 20" container full and plus on 5 of my 7 trips

back to the states I always carrired some of my wife's

and or son stuff....books, cloths, shoes, purses, etc...

opposs I forget to say shoes and purses?

Now of course the purses belong to the wifie not the son

Even a beautiful new leather Chinese sofa and love seat

We did ship some stuff viva China post but we lost one box

and some of the boxes looked like they had be through hell and

was ready to tear open the next time they was picked up and or droped. Only one picture frame was broken out of all this shippin.....

so all in all the wifie was happy and everyone knows a happy

wife means a happy home....

so the money was well spent... JMO

Get some rest and enjoy ya'lls life together

Edited by sleepless in Houston&CQ (see edit history)

Wow! I am curious how much that cost, but I will keep my mouth shut. You are definitely the man when it comes to keeping family first sir! :D

Well shippin stuff by a freight container ain't cheap.

We had a 20" container full and plus on 5 of my 7 trips

back to the states I always carrired some of my wife's

and or son stuff....books, cloths, shoes, purses, etc...

opposs I forget to say shoes and purses?

Now of course the purses belong to the wifie not the son

Even a beautiful new leather Chinese sofa and love seat

We did ship some stuff viva China post but we lost one box

and some of the boxes looked like they had be through hell and

was ready to tear open the next time they was picked up and or droped. Only one picture frame was broken out of all this shippin.....

so all in all the wifie was happy and everyone knows a happy

wife means a happy home....

so the money was well spent... JMO

Get some rest and enjoy ya'lls life together

hahahahaha.....shoes and purses?....for us it was boots and coats....she loves to shop tao bao for bargains, and i am sure she has near 100 pair of boots and many many fur type coats in almost every imaginable color...but yeah, i very understand your mean :)

None of you should be complaining about shipping costs...my tai tai just said to me...I don't need to take anything...I'll just buy new when I get there when I see what others are wearing! I had to insist she bring 2 suitcases, 1 with summer things, and 1 with winter things - just in case she couldn't find her sizes and or styles (these two suitcases included all her cosmetics + a bag of swimming/beach stuff). I actually had more things that I brought back to America than she brought with her! (Books, laptop, clothes).

However, shipping costs may be cheaper than a "new wardrobe"...I"m still assessing the costs - and of course it's a "work in progress". Thank goodness we live in Hawaii...shorts, flip flops, and CK shirts work 90% of the time - so we didn't have to invest in all those heavy winter items.