I notice in some of the signature blocks Candle members note the start date and completion dates of their security checks. How do I know when the security checks have been completed? I was told by an FBI clerk in Washington, DC that the FBI completed their work on my case and sent it to DOS on September 5. My last call to NVC was on September 23; I was told my case had not yet been returned to NVC. So, where is it? what's going on? and does this mean that security checks for our case were finished on September 5? Also, are "security checks" and "name checks" synonymous?

Today was a good news day for us.  Very, very good news, especially after such a long wait.  NVC sent our case to Guangzhou today, Friday, September 26.  One big hurdle out of the way.  Needless to say, we are ecstatic!  Now we get to deal with Guangzhou ...

Congratulations Bob. Great news indeed. :rolleyes:

Today was a good news day for us.  Very, very good news, especially after such a long wait.  NVC sent our case to Guangzhou today, Friday, September 26.  One big hurdle out of the way.  Needless to say, we are ecstatic!  Now we get to deal with Guangzhou ...

Moving right on down the line, I see...lol. Glad to hear it.

"All good things come to those who wait!"......who can attest to this better than us?... :rolleyes:

-good luck

Today was a good news day for us.  Very, very good news, especially after such a long wait.  NVC sent our case to Guangzhou today, Friday, September 26.  One big hurdle out of the way.  Needless to say, we are ecstatic!  Now we get to deal with Guangzhou ...

Congratulations.

You have now entered the twilight zone, where strange things happen. The government will now point its finger in two different directions at once - We (GZ) don't have a record of receipt... We (NVC) sent it to GZ.

Things will mysteriously appear. In response to you latest inquiry, GZ will say that they still have no record, but the P3 will arrive that same day.

Let the dust gathering begin. :rolleyes: Good luck. You're one step closer.

This whole security check thing was a twilight zone exprience. Just last week I was told our check was ongoing. This afternoon when I called I got right through to an agent, She told me that Manjuans case had been completed and fowarded to GZ last Aug 29th. Wtf? Don't believe everything you hear. But I guess thats good news, just over a month at NVC, onward and upward. Tomorrow I'll play tag with DHL to find the status of the shipment. :)

Thanks for all the comments and congratulations! Minglian and I are feeling on top of the world right now. And although we now have GUZ to deal with we feel we're on the home stretch. Thanks again for the supportive comments.

Okay, now when will GUZ get it, and when will Minglian get the P3, and when is the interview? Ah, yes ... the home stretch!