Our case was transferred to California, why??

I just received an email on our status:

On December 17, 2008, we transferred this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

But I live in Florida. I used to live in California and my divorce was there. And this is after 6 months of waiting. Does this mean we need to start the wait over in another center? My heart just fell when I read this. Please, someone give me good news.

Due to the tremendous back-log at VSC USCIS is moving cases to CSC where they are NOT buried. This is simple Load Balancing nothing more.

Consider yourself lucky.

Compare: "Oldest cases"

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=CSC (6 Months)

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=VSC (Feb/Mar 2008)

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Questions,

How do I now guage where we should be in the process though?

How do I now know when I'm past the processing time in California?

How long should I wait before calling someone?

How long do you think it would be after being transferred that I'd hear about our case?

Even though it sounds good it feels like a bigger black hole. :whistling:

Questions,

How long do you think it would be after being transferred that I'd hear about our case?

Even though it sounds good it feels like a bigger black hole. :whistling:

I wish my case would be transferred to CSC but it is still in VSC without any information from there about my case.I have been waiting for NOA2 for almost 5 months. :lol:

You will get your NOA2 very soon(maybe no more than 1 month).

Questions,

Even though it sounds good it feels like a bigger black hole. :D

Check the timelines. Some people post them on the signature line (like ours). Some have links to them (like dnoblett). There are some very nice compilation (like WenDylan's). And, there is the official version in the FAQs.

VJ is a very good source for timeline information (but, it's not China specific). However, during the I-129f stage, being China specific is not that important in terms of the current trends in processing times.

There is information about processing times in the USCIS web site. They won't talk to you until that deadline is past and it is about double what the actual processing time is. (I think they don't want us to call. B) IMHO)

We are also located in Fla. and it seemed to be taking forever, once the case was sent to Calif for processing it moved very quickly and now Jing has her green card.

Be happy that it was sent there .... from what i have read from others Calif is the place you want it to go.

Dave

Thanks guys... I was getting down because of the long wait and holiday season and thought we were going to have to start again from the bottom. But, the way everyone is responding I'm feeling much better.

Thanks again!!

Dave, where are you guys in Florida? Does Jing like it there and do you feel there is a large enough Chinese community to make her feel comfortable?

Thanks,