WHITE SLIP HELP

flowers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for you. It's so weird that she was asked so many tricky questions. I don't even know now what type of music my husband likes or what year he bought the car. So weird! I hope someone with more experience here will be able to help you out!

Hello All

My fiancee got a White today. They decided to give her a white for a non bonafide relationship? What can I do? They ask her what is my favorite food, which type of music i like, what year I brought my car, etc. What can do I do now?

Joe

Based on what I've read here, and with talking with other folks not CFL members,

if there's a dearth of 'silly' questions, then the VO already had in mind to issue a white slip prior to yer lass coming up to the window.

My conjecture is that this type of action comes about because the petitioner did not file a solid case file originally.

But hey - that's just my opinion, and mostly I'm sticking to it. In the mean time, call that attorney fella mentioned above, see if anything is do-able. IF his answer is 'wait for the documents to be sent back to the USA' then yer in for a long wait - 5 months to 2 years. IF you want to wait that long, and THEN appeal - that avenue is available to you.

Another avenue is to go back to China, marry yer lass, and file and I-130 (with possible K-3). Be sure to write a letter asking the feds to 'give up' your original I-129F though - or you'll have other troubles.

Be sure to write a letter asking the feds to 'give up' your original I-129F though - or you'll have other troubles.

My attorney Marc Ellis strongly advised that you do not 'give up' the original I-129F. Instead, you study the reasons that you feel the denial was given and rebut it with the new I-130 application. It worked for me with a 3 question and here is your visa interview.

Hello All

My fiancee got a White today. They decided to give her a white for a non bonafide relationship? What can I do? They ask her what is my favorite food, which type of music i like, what year I brought my car, etc. What can do I do now?

Joe

What??? I can't beleive it Joe. I am sorry. I think that it worth a try to overcome this white. you are bonafide. will you go to ACH again this afternoon?

Edited by Dylans Wendy (see edit history)

Be sure to write a letter asking the feds to 'give up' your original I-129F though - or you'll have other troubles.

My attorney Marc Ellis strongly advised that you do not 'give up' the original I-129F. Instead, you study the reasons that you feel the denial was given and rebut it with the new I-130 application. It worked for me with a 3 question and here is your visa interview.

If they are pursuing a fraud charge (what Darnell refers to as 'trouble'), it is unlikely they will let you give up the I-129F. In any event, you need to watch your mailbox for any communications regarding that petition.

Other than that, I agree with Darnell about the VO's attitude.

If they are pursuing a fraud charge (what Darnell refers to as 'trouble'), it is unlikely they will let you give up the I-129F. In any event, you need to watch your mailbox for any communications regarding that petition.

Absolutely!! Their minds were made up before the interview, therefore the line of questioning that took place. Same thing that happened to my then fiancee.

However, it might not be a fraud case but rather an unsolid petition as Darnell mentioned.

Absolutely!! Their minds were made up before the interview, therefore the line of questioning that took place. Same thing that happened to my then fiancee.

However, it might not be a fraud case but rather an unsolid petition as Darnell mentioned.

Yes - my point there is that the article from Marc is widely mis-quoted (including here) as implying that it is LIKELY that a fraud charge may be found, whereas the real purpose is to encourage front-loading and to be aware of the (unlikely but possible) possibility of a fraud finding. Whether withdrawn or not, watch your mailbox for any communications concerning the previous petition.

Yes - my point there is that the article from Marc is widely mis-quoted (including here) as implying that it is LIKELY that a fraud charge may be found, whereas the real purpose is to encourage front-loading and to be aware of the (unlikely but possible) possibility of a fraud finding. Whether withdrawn or not, watch your mailbox for any communications concerning the previous petition.

Um excuse me Randy but isn't the whole point of a white slip is that they believe there is fraud? Otherwise they would give a blue slip. I'm not convinced that front loading a petition is all that helpful. It can also raise questions they might not otherwise ask. Regardless it is wise to not forget the original petition, get married and think the I-129F will go away.

Um excuse me Randy but isn't the whole point of a white slip is that they believe there is fraud? Otherwise they would give a blue slip. I'm not convinced that front loading a petition is all that helpful. It can also raise questions they might not otherwise ask. Regardless it is wise to not forget the original petition, get married and think the I-129F will go away.

Yes - the DOS is recommending that the USCIS consider revocation of the original petition, but the USCIS is usually not interested.

GUZ will submit only enough evidence to support the "Not a Valid Relationship" claim. It would be VERY hard to prove fraud from this, unless the USC or his lawyer just ignores his mail, in which case the finding would be by default.

My peeve here is that the probability of an actual fraud finding by the USCIS in a court hearing is MUCH, much lower than what we read into Marc's article.

The front-loading is Marc's recommendation. I concur, and believe it can be done without submitting anything in any way controversial. A door opened for questioning by the VO can help seal the visa if it can be easily closed.

Acording to some articles I've read if the USCIS overturns the NOID GZ isn't supposed to deny the petition again for the same reasons. I suspect that is why they use vague evidence such as not bonafide relationship. That way they can easily come up with some other reason to deny.