Questions at U.S. Airport

Anyone and everyone would be smart to be careful and prepared when entering the U.S. for the first time on any kind of visa. Sure the odds of a real problem are small, but we all know how things can go horribly wrong in this process.

A visa does not guarantee admission to the U.S. DHS has the discretion to deny entry to anyone. Therefore, questions that are asked, however bothersome, should be taken seriously. An attitude that "you have no right to treat me like this, or ask questions of me, because I have a visa" could lead to isolation for deeper questioning or delaying tactics or harassment in another room. It could also lead to a denial of entry.

This is just practical advice, not legal advice. You made it this far. Just smile and be polite and everything will be fine. You don't want someone on a power trip to ruin everything.

Yes - a cooperative attitude is necessary at EVERY step of the process

Sounds like it will be fine Shuyan is very polite and knows how to conduct herself. I am excited!! I have a limo to drive me up there and wait as I go inside and greet her...kissing and holding her for a while, then carry the bags to the car..A big Lincoln town car Limo, he will drive us to our new little condo in San Jose Ca. like a 50 minute drive from SFO international airport.

So Shuyan can expect a few questions @ POE and customs area. No Big Deal.