Hotel Change

Hello all,

Counting the days down until I leave for China. My SO has made reservations at a different hotel than I made a couple months ago when I booked my trip. My question is if I cancel the Hotel reservation I had on my Visa application will it affect my Chinese Visa? She assures me it will not be an issue, but I want to be sure. Also will I have to pay any sort of 'duty' on the wedding ring and my band when I go through customs?

Thanks,

Appaullo

It is harder to get out of china than get in. Going in it is anything to declare....No... have a good day. :P Leaving china give yourself a few hours at the airport as in Beijing anyways there was a long line and a lot of looking through bags by the staff. With the new airport it maybe different. To cancel the hotel it would be no big deal.Many people put down a hotel and never show up.

NOT AN ISSUE.

Around the time of the Olympics China wanted itinerary for visa issuance, but once you have the visa, you could always change your plans.

Since the Olympics, China has again relaxed the itinerary requirements for visas.

Also you do not pay any duty or declare items that are personal in nature. You only declare things that you intend to sell while in the country.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I worried A LOT about so many things my first trip to China. I was as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. However, I found after time that when Li told me not to worry about something, she was right every time. :bangin:

Now, I've been there several times and will likely be going at least once a year for the foreseeable future.

I've never had any problems. I follow the rules, respect the culture, and have been consistently treated very well. :D