Wedding photos

I gotta admit, after seeing all the wedding photos of the members of my husband's family i had the girly "I wanna do it too!!" moment lol.

I'm talking about those big photoshoots with the gorgeously done pictures. Those big photo books, and the large print to hang on the wall. I saw a couple studios in Fuzhou and Xiamen, but never really told my husband how much I want to do them cuz i'm worried about cost.

The pictures are gorgeous and i would love so much to do them when I'm back in China. But about how much do they cost to do? Are they terribly expensive? What all kind of photos can you do? Are there any studios you would recommend? And have any of you done them before, and what did you think of them?

There are price ranges, from about 550 all the way up to 12000 RMB.

I can't remember how much we spent on it - I had given her a big hunk of cash for many things, this was just a part of it - maybe we spent 2700 ?

1. kinds of photos - you and Mr. Amber together in different poses, in different 'costumes'.

2. studios to recommend? nope, not me, not in that region.

3. i love our photos.

4. i thought our photos were very well done.

I gotta admit, after seeing all the wedding photos of the members of my husband's family i had the girly "I wanna do it too!!" moment lol.

I'm talking about those big photoshoots with the gorgeously done pictures. Those big photo books, and the large print to hang on the wall. I saw a couple studios in Fuzhou and Xiamen, but never really told my husband how much I want to do them cuz i'm worried about cost.

The pictures are gorgeous and i would love so much to do them when I'm back in China. But about how much do they cost to do? Are they terribly expensive? What all kind of photos can you do? Are there any studios you would recommend? And have any of you done them before, and what did you think of them?

Amber,

Try Golden Lady. They have several offices in China. My wife is from Chengdu and they have one there. They did the make-up and pampering of the women, provided clothing when it was necessary by the photographer (BTW, in agreement of the subject), did at least three hair styling by a cosmetic/hair stylist college student who did a very good job, shot photos at 7 different sites, provided transportation, guide, interpreter, make-up artist, etc, etc.

Deluxe package, 2 DVD, large photo that you spoke of, and the package all the way to 5X7s, and all of the amenities I mentioned above was was approximately $700 total. This was in 2004, so I'm sure the price is higher nowadays.

If you wish, I can send some of the photos to you and you can see the quality of their work.

Dave

We did ours in Hangzhou. They turned out awesome. I would highly suggest getting these pictures done. We paid around 2000rmb for this but we had a discount(gotta love guanxi).

My fiancee is winding down in Yingkou but her sister still has her studio in Beijing. If you want to ask them, PM me and I'll pass it along.

Joe

i paid 800 usd for our wedding picutures package last year. here is the website, http://www.sese.com.cn/, its in chinese, and they have over 20 branch locations in china. you may need your husband to check out the nearest location.

we went to the studio at 8am and we did the following

5 different sets of pictures, including hair style change and make up

3 locations shoots, studio, beach and park. we went home around 5pm, tried and exhausted, but money well spent.

for extra fee, we paid for an video man in our banquet to video the whole thing, as well as picture too.

for 800 plus tips we got the following:

2 posters

2 poster size with frame

3 large picture books

3 med size picture books

3 small size picture books

2 wallet size picture books

2 desk picture frames

1 picture in cystal glass

1 powerpoint slides with music about 30 mins

1 video of our wedding and banquet about 2 hours

you can check our pictures, http://toishanboy.com/wedding%20pictures.html

• 3 weeks later...

:o errhh, seems u girls are all big fans about those fancy wedding pics huh :rain: why just me think thats kinna lame :blink:

totally no offence ladies! :redmad: well, think about this, theres thousands couples(maybe more since so many chinese :lol: ) have fancy pics just same as urs. same makeup, same outfit, same inside or outside view, even same pose, only different part is ur faces :Dah: ...thats one reason i dont like it. second,now it costs about 3000~4000rmb for a normal one. but after that, u will find out theres no walls for hanging those super big pics. :D bedroom seems lame too(at least i think so)hanging huge wedding pics in ur bedroom,thats not classic :sosad: otherwise why i never saw any example pics for how to decorate ur bedroom showed in magazines looks like that :headbang:

but but, im not against it. its sweet,take pics to remember the special time...so my advice is :ph34r: : take good pics when ur wedding, when u wearing ur own wedding dress, stay at ur own dinner party or home whereever,the point is everything is urs. its special. :wub: even its not fancy as what u could got from studio, but at least its real, also u can use photoshop to make it fancy if u like^^yea those studio made those pics are really professional fancy...so why dont u guys to take some but not about wedding stuff. some fashion ones, sexy ones, or chinese style ones^^and just make small ones like book size in frames.that wouldnt cost that mush as wedding ones and u can showing them off at home :rolleyes: actually,thats just my plan for me and my hubby. :pash:

anyway, girl pretty as you,should get whatever u want~tell ur man that haha :whip:

hope you guys happy for ever :)

There is a great photographer in Li's hometown. I know, that information would not be helpful (or, I'd PM you).

However, do your homework about photographers in your Chinese hometown. Most women (as you know) would be glad to show you their wedding photos (and, if they're Chinese, brag a little about the great price they got.)

Good luck! I hope yours turn out great!