E-Ticket

So i just purchased a plane ticket for my fiance from united.com. the ticket has his name:

(First Name) MR (Last Name).

What is the MR doing in the middle? Is that normal?

Also I read somewhere that United makes e-ticket holders present the card they used to buy the ticket at check in. But problem is I am not flying with him. I called customer service and they said our ticket was not flagged so they won't ask for it. But being the paranoid person that I am I am still worried. Anyone's fiance/e flown United under this sitution and not asked for the card?

Thanks

So i just purchased a plane ticket for my fiance from united.com. the ticket has his name:

Also I read somewhere that United makes e-ticket holders present the card they used to buy the ticket at check in. But problem is I am not flying with him. I called customer service and they said our ticket was not flagged so they won't ask for it. But being the paranoid person that I am I am still worried. Anyone's fiance/e flown United under this sitution and not asked for the card?

Thanks

I flew United,on a part of my trip to China,i think it was from New york to Tampa,i had an e ticket,they asked for my credit card,and i told them,i don't remember what credit card i used,which was true,i didn't remember,and i was in a hurry,to catch my next flight.They blew it off,they didn't make an issue of it.Gave me my boarding pass (showed my passport for ID)

Jimi

Customer Service said that they only ask for the credit card when you enter something wrong online. But then wouldn't the transaction just not be processed if you entered something wrong? Doesn't make sense. They said not to worry and that my fiance will not have to show the credit card I used since our ticket was not flagged, but I just can't keep from worrying...

anyone fly from China to US on United?

-z

Thanks

I flew United,on a part of my trip to China,i think it was from New york to Tampa,i had an e ticket,they asked for my credit card,and i told them,i don't remember what credit card i used,which was true,i didn't remember,and i was in a hurry,to catch my next flight.They blew it off,they didn't make an issue of it.Gave me my boarding pass (showed my passport for ID)

Jimi

Can't you scan your CC, front and back, email it to him, have him print it out ? Sure, it's not the same plastic piece, but at least he'd have SOMETHING to show them. Just a thought, but not a real answer.

So i found out that b/c we have a flight number on our itinerary this won't be a problem. they said sometime people enter in the wrong billing address or some other mistake and triggers and flag on the ticket, requiring them to see the credit card. I called 3 times and all times they said not to worry and that he won't be asked for the card. phew, i'm relieved. thanks for the replies guys!

Can't you scan your CC, front and back, email it to him, have him print it out ? Sure, it's not the same plastic piece, but at least he'd have SOMETHING to show them. Just a thought, but not a real answer.