After being here for a little over 4 months, and becoming a little more comfortable with things here, Li Yin and I are looking at other things. One of the things we are looking into is a new bed. More specifically, wife likes a very firm bed, and I like a soft bed. Trying to find a solution to the problem, I've only come up with 2 ideas--- a select comfort bed (which we have already met and talked with), or perhaps buying two twin beds and putting them together to make a king size bed. Anyone else have this problem and maybe a solution for it??

I am reading 8 bedroom feng shui tips.

Tip 8

Do not have a bed that has 2 seperate mattresses placed together sharing one head board. This will be bad the marriage or a relationship as it represents a split in the future.

hmmm....

My mother and father have twin beds pushed together to make one large bed. They have been married for 67 years.

Still, western logic don't mean squat if your spouse is into and believes things feng shui. http://i38.tinypic.com/15y7pqf.gif

Tip 8

Do not have a bed that has 2 seperate mattresses placed together sharing one head board. This will be bad the marriage or a relationship as it represents a split in the future.

hmmm....

My mother and father have twin beds pushed together to make one large bed. They have been married for 67 years.

Still, western logic don't mean squat if your spouse is into and believes things feng shui. http://i38.tinypic.com/15y7pqf.gif

Well maybe you can tear down the wall between your rooms :angry:

I kinda have 375 miles between us. :lol:

Tip 8

¡°Sleep Number Bed¡± is one mattress....

Tip 8

¡°Sleep Number Bed¡± is one mattress....

I've looked at the sleep number bed (we actually spent several hours in the store) and found that we liked the 7000 series. Then, the price comes (around $4,000) and it scares my wife away. We are still debating that, as I really don't think it's that much for an investment in yourself. Wifey loves IKEA, and wants to buy something there, but of course most beds there are the swedish mattress on a bed base (without box springs). I think if she wants a firm bed and I want a soft, we have to go with a sleep number bed (or find some store which will sell us a half firm/half plush bed like the demo ones in department stores).. At any rate, just a minor inconvenience for now, and was curious if anyone else had this discussion.

Thanks for the feng shui tip. My wife likes to obey the laws of feng shui (and in our house, I like to obey the laws of Thermondynamics :ph34r:

Edited by bokiwen (see edit history)

After a few months here my wife informed me that we needed a harder mattress. :huh: I was pretty used to my comfy soft one and didn't relish the thought of sleeping on anything harder. I decided to make a stand. :angry:

You'd be surprised how fast you can get used to a hard mattress. :(

Thank God Ting said she is indifferent, soft or hard she can sleep on it. :D

Thanks for the feng shui tip. My wife likes to obey the laws of feng shui (and in our house, I like to obey the laws of Thermondynamics B)

Great line!!! :rolleyes:

Both Li and our son have gotten used to 'western style' mattresses. Now, they like them far better than Chinese 'mats'. So, I bought western style mattresses for our house in China too. :unsure: