nvc processed ds-230

George my apologies - I had been studying what to do with CR-1 and K-3 for ages, and now it seems finaly something has changed.

I studied the link you gave, then found http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...T-0002-0809.pdf as well - . Near as I can tell, the GUZ case number gets assigned somewhere whilst it's at the NVC, but this 'supplemental page' is really strange, too. I had heard rumor of it before, but now I can see what you're seeing.

Seriously, something has changed with this process.. ug ug..

My apologies about the 'reader rant' .. Now I can see where my brain might get broken.

GUZ stopped taking the supplemental about 2 years ago... NVC still distributes it... Just ignore the supplement...

Hiya David - well - here goes some more conjecture - please punch holes in it.

Sure - this form isn't submitted at GUZ for CR-1 - it's used by NVC , at NVC, and is gathered at NVC prior to the whole packet being sent OVER to GUZ.

Plus, the revision date is sep/2008.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, I swear - but I'm a waiting as well, trying to do as much shortucts as possible.

I would like to see a recent list of the Packet 3 Documents to be returned to the NVC, for GUZ. All we can see is the list from the online invoice payment center. Maybe "ASK GUZ" could staighten out this confusion? Mike & Yizhen

Charles list is probably from around June, maybe before the online payment center even opened.

It says " U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou, China Packet 3 Supplemental Information Sheet". It doesn't ask for Chinese Telegraphic Code anymore. It is the only thing listed under special instructions for GUZ. If the proceedure is changed or changing, maybe they will accept the DS-230 with or without the other documents for a while, until the bumps are worked out. Mike & Yizhen

David, the GIV Packet 3 Supplement has a (Rev: 09/2008), Mike & Yizhen

yes... other consulates around the world *may* use it..

GUZ stopped taking it and even posted it here in GUZSpeaks...

Hi David - do me a favor, just this once? a few posts up, I've provided a link to the form. Download it, read it - study it - and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks In Advance / xie xie

It looks like it could be used as a cover letter when the send the docs to GUZ, Mike & Yizhen

Like David said.

GUZ stopped taking the supplemental about 2 years ago... NVC still distributes it... Just ignore the supplement..

It is just SOP. and GZ has there own rules.

I never sent it in and had no problems!!

David, the GIV Packet 3 Supplement has a (Rev: 09/2008), Mike & Yizhen

yes... other consulates around the world *may* use it..

GUZ stopped taking it and even posted it here in GUZSpeaks...

Hi David - do me a favor, just this once? a few posts up, I've provided a link to the form. Download it, read it - study it - and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks In Advance / xie xie

GUZ DOESN'T WANT IT.. DOESN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.... FOR TWO YEARS..

Those who have filed a I-130 for a CR1 are reporting that NVC is sending them the P3 supplemental sheet.

Does NVC still need to submit this (and members return it to NVC), or is NVC just not up to date with the consulate's discontinuation of it's use?

thanks.

The Consulate no longer uses the P3 supplemental sheet in question. NVC may still be sending them out with their packets, but again, we don't need them on our end here!

Daivd - I'm gonna go with this, for now... Wait for it, here it is..

I'm sending that supplemental form to NVC. Since it's been updated in September of 2008 (this year), and NVC claims they require it for processing at NVC for the I-130, and SINCE it's specifically a form for the Guangzhou IV unit -

I'm including it.

I'm sad at your 'proof' of a quote from 2 years ago. That was 2 years ago. Oh well. Enough of this, for now.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

We post the fact of the last two years; we put it in the FAQ.. but that seems to not be enough to stop urban legends on GUZ... :blink:

Those who have filed a I-130 for a CR1 are reporting that NVC is sending them the P3 supplemental sheet.

Does NVC still need to submit this (and members return it to NVC), or is NVC just not up to date with the consulate's discontinuation of it's use?

thanks.

The Consulate no longer uses the P3 supplemental sheet in question. NVC may still be sending them out with their packets, but again, we don't need them on our end here!

NVC is a central staging step; they do the same for all consulates... GUZ throws it in the trash if you send it to them via NVC...

David, no one is questioning your info, but the last three people to get to the NVC (George, Jimi, and me) have been part of a new process, the ONLINE PAYMENT CENTER. We don't have instructions for our documents, everywhere we look we find new or conflicting info. Charles got his instructions 6 months ago when he didn't use the online payment system if it was even open yet. If there is something new, we need to find out about it so we can help everyone following us. If everything is still the same, then we still will have cleared the confusion of the online payment center and the "general instructions". I have posted at "GUZ Speaks", I would appreciate any advice you have concerning my post, feel free to edit or add to it so we can get this cleared up. Thanks, Mike & Yizhen

Regardless of GUZ changing, if the NVC changes it's requirements, we could have a "catch 22", we would have to follow NVC instructions to get to GUZ, Mike & Yizhen

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)