Just reserved a room at the Yang's!

So we just called and reserved a room at Mr. Yang's. I've heard of all the great things that people have said about him and a few of the bad. When my wife called, he seemed a little impatient and cold. He didn't ask for her full name, only last name and that seemed good enough to reserve a room.

Basically, is he trustworthy? Thanks!

Yes, we stayed with them for a week, they clean the room every day, though it is recommended to not leave anything valuable in the room when you are out.

The room we had was spartan, but acceptable for the price.

The Yangs are very helpful, and will give advice on how to organize your documents that will be brought into the interview, his wife was helpful with getting us to the medical center for the medical.

So we just called and reserved a room at Mr. Yang's. I've heard of all the great things that people have said about him and a few of the bad. When my wife called, he seemed a little impatient and cold. He didn't ask for her full name, only last name and that seemed good enough to reserve a room.

Basically, is he trustworthy? Thanks!

we reserved a room with the mr. yang about 4 weeks before our interview. when we arrived, mrs. yang met us and told us to go and have dinner because mr. yang had failed to tell her we had a reservation. after a 2 hour dinner mrs. yang met us again and showed us to our room. she had to move another family out to make room for us. mrs. yang informed us we would not have towels the 1st nite because she wasn't ready for us. for the most part the yangs are helpful during the visa process. just don't leave any valuables in your room as dnoblett said. good luck and bring home the pink!

I stayed in his place for about 5days when I had my interview on Aug 18th. He and his wife are very nice people and trustworthy and helpful. Mr. Yang is a patient guy. He sometimes talks in a low voice that makes people think he is impatient. He has dealt with such things for many years and he knows what to expect. I remembered that one of my roommates asked the same questions over and over again the night before her interview, Mr.Yang still stayed calm and kept saying:"it is not a big deal." But one thing I was not very happy about was that even though I reserved a room with his wife a week before I arrived, I didn't get to live in their hotel because they didn't have the rooms. In stead my mom and I were introduced by Mr.yang to another one for the first two nights. Later he explained to me that sometimes people extend the days of living because of blue slip or delay of visa pick up. Therefore, he couldn't say for sure he had a room for me when I reserved it which sounds reasonable to me.

So yeah, I will still give him good credit. I had good time with them.

Edited by joannaliu (see edit history)

I have a room reserved with the Yangs the next couple weeks.

I have not been there yet, but my fiancee arrived last night and she is very happy.

She said that the rooms were a little small, and that the bathroom was a little small, but the beds are alright, and there is a small kitchen - plus the room has internet and she has been surfing the web since she arrived. Certainly not a 5-star hotel, but we have stayed in much rattier places in Beijing - and paid more money!

It sounds like a reasonable place - nothing spectacular or outstanding, and not just a room, but a livable apartment at a very cheap price - something like $30 USD a night.

But mainly it seems that the real draw is the Yang's themselves and the atmosphere:

My fiancee just arrived last night, and Mr. Yang was very helpful right off the bat. She said he is taking her to the Medical Exam himself first thing in the morning. And she has already met some other girls who passed their visa's and is learning about the process from their experiences.

Again, I haven't been there yet, but as I always tell my girl, "All I need is a bed, a toilet, and you next to me, and I'll be happy."

:cheering: :lol:

Edited by TaijiMonkey (see edit history)

I have not been there yet, but my fiancee arrived last night and she is very happy.

She said that the rooms were a little small, and that the bathroom was a little small, but the beds are alright, and there is a small kitchen - plus the room has internet and she has been surfing the web since she arrived. Certainly not a 5-star hotel, but we have stayed in much rattier places in Beijing - and paid more money!

It sounds like a reasonable place - nothing spectacular or outstanding, and not just a room, but a livable apartment at a very cheap price - something like $30 USD a night.

But mainly it seems that the real draw is the Yang's themselves and the atmosphere:

My fiancee just arrived last night, and Mr. Yang was very helpful right off the bat. She said he is taking her to the Medical Exam himself first thing in the morning. And she has already met some other girls who passed their visa's and is learning about the process from their experiences.

Agin, I haven't been there yet, but as I always tell my girl, "All I need is a bed, a toilet, and you next to me, and I'll be happy."

:cheering: :lol:

Hello Taijimonkey,

I should have a room there too. I will see you there on the Dec 7. I will take the train or bus over from Shenzhen.

Joe

Agin, I haven't been there yet, but as I always tell my girl, "All I need is a bed, a toilet, and you next to me, and I'll be happy."

:blink: :unsure:

Hello Taijimonkey,

I should have a room there too. I will see you there on the Dec 7. I will take the train or bus over from Shenzhen.

Joe

Hi,

I saw your timeline, how come you already have an interview date before you received your pack 4£¿£¿

thank you for the help

Again, I haven't been there yet, but as I always tell my girl, "All I need is a bed, a toilet, and you next to me, and I'll be happy."

:blink: :unsure:

Hi,

Can I bother you with another question on your timeline, called DOS for interview date, how is this done? We can just make an interview appointment on our own or after a notice from GuangZhou??

Thank you very much for the help

:P :P

Hi,

Can I bother you with another question on your timeline, called DOS for interview date, how is this done? We can just make an interview appointment on our own or after a notice from GuangZhou??

Thank you very much for the help

Hello,

Call DOS they will tell you if you have a scheduled interview date or not. Usually interview is 3 to 4 week after P4. Once you call DOS they will tell you.

Joe