To Recline or Not to Recline...

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you recline your seat on a plane???

• Heck yes...that's what the button is there for...
    • I recline maybe half-way thinking of the person behind me...
    • I don't recline..."Do onto others"etc...

When the lights go out, I recline.

I note other things happening when the lights are on - like:

1. duty free sales

2. food service

3. plane landing/taking off

4. children's puppet show

5. drink service

I try to sleep when the lights go off, so I recline. I've been lucky? I haven't had any close encounters with fellow passengers.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

On one of my trips from Beijjing to Dulles International airport, I stood in the line to get my boarding pass and I noticed an american guy and his Chinese wife and two kids in line. Easily overhearing this guys comments to his family and to the United Airlines people trying to process him, I though..."this guy is TROUBLE, I hope he isn't going on my plane."

Well guess what? Sho nuff, that clown sat down right in front of me. :ph34r: And the second he could, his seat reclined FULLY. It knocked my book off my tray and he proceeded to knock his seat with some pretty strong jolts through-out the flight. He pestered the flight attendents to death with his call button and made a complete nuisance of himself.

I kept my cool and waited for him to get deeply to sleep...then...I got up, rather...ah... vigorously I might mention, and if that bastard hadn't have been belted in, he would have been knocked on the floor...3 ROWS UP.

He jumped up and stared at me, and I bent down and very, very softly, so he had to strain to hear my words, and with a COMPLETELY DEAD CALM voice, I whispered in his ear...."I realize you think you are the only person on this here flight. I'm heading back to the bathrooms just now, should you feel like you need to discuss anything with me... I'll wait for ya." And I winked, and smiled at him. :lol:

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

He jumped up and stared at me, and I bent down and very, very softly, so he had to strain to hear my words, and with a COMPLETELY DEAD CALM voice, I whispered in his ear...."I realize you think you are the only person on this here flight. I'm heading back to the bathrooms just now, should you feel like you need to discuss anything with me... I'll wait for ya." And I winked, and smiled at him. :D

tsap seui

Golly Chop Suie...

Maybe he thought you were gay and refused to see you there! :lol: :roller:

He jumped up and stared at me, and I bent down and very, very softly, so he had to strain to hear my words, and with a COMPLETELY DEAD CALM voice, I whispered in his ear...."I realize you think you are the only person on this here flight. I'm heading back to the bathrooms just now, should you feel like you need to discuss anything with me... I'll wait for ya." And I winked, and smiled at him. :D

tsap seui

Golly Chop Suie...

Maybe he thought you were gay and refused to see you there! :lol: :roller:

You jest mite be right there, Cuzin'...he may have been thinkin' that if he walked back there, that I might have jerked into a stall, and instead of flushing him out the terlet over the North Pole pack ice...I had Californian intentions. :)

Whatcha' think? :D

tsap seui :D

They put those buttons on the seat for a reason. If I didn't recline my seat I wouldn't be able to stand up after a long flight. If they don't want you to recline they should disable the button.

tsap seui

Golly Chop Suie...

Maybe he thought you were gay and refused to see you there! :) :roller:

You jest mite be right there, Cuzin'...he may have been thinkin' that if he walked back there, that I might have jerked into a stall, and instead of flushing him out the terlet over the North Pole pack ice...I had Californian intentions. :)

Whatcha' think? :D

tsap seui :D

:D :lol: :D

So Roger....

Do you recline or do you decline? :D

Inquirying minds want to know? :roller:

I guess only your wifey knows for xure!

I'm in the arf-way club...and yeah I can't really sleep anyway but why do they build the headrests pushing your head forward anywho??? Are they trying to make the seat as uncomfortable as possible in steerage??? :lol:

So Roger....

Do you recline or do you decline? :crazy:

Inquirying minds want to know? :roller:

I guess only your wifey knows for xure!

I'm in the arf-way club...and yeah I can't really sleep anyway but why do they build the headrests pushing your head forward anywho??? Are they trying to make the seat as uncomfortable as possible in steerage??? :angry:

Yes; that's why they parade you through business class at the end of your flight, hoping you'll get the message and buy a more expensive seat the next time. :)