Picture Requirements

I compiled our photos in OneNote, put 3 or 4 photos on a page, then printed them on photo paper.

I recommend this full page format - it fits in the file like every other page (2-hole punched at the top). Whenever they go thumbing through the file, the pictures are very visible this way. Loose, individual pictures won't be seen as readily.

Guest WenDylan

I compiled our photos in OneNote, put 3 or 4 photos on a page, then printed them on photo paper.

I recommend this full page format - it fits in the file like every other page (2-hole punched at the top). Whenever they go thumbing through the file, the pictures are very visible this way. Loose, individual pictures won't be seen as readily.

If it's additional evidence for the interview, do you really need the paper for a '2-hole punched at the top' file folder? :Dah:

As I have reported previoulsy, I submitted full page 8X10's, which I printed out on glossy photo paper on my home PC printer.

I included about five or six from each visit, for a total of about 30, including interaction with me and Lao Po's friends and family. All were top hole punched to adapt to the federal style file folder.

I put a description and dates on each with my photo shop software.

They were front loaded in both our I-130 and I-129F files.

Accordingly, we were not asked for photos at interview time, nor any other supporting documentation.

I was surprised to have all of my orig photos returned to me, when I picked up our visas at the ACH window, two days after the interview.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)
Guest WenDylan

As I have reported previoulsy, I submitted full page 8X10's, which I printed out on glossy photo paper on my home PC printer.

I included about five or six from each visit, for a total of about 30, including interaction with me and Lao Po's friends and family. All were top hole punched to adapt to the federal style file folder.

Accordingly, we were not asked for photos at interview time, nor any other supporting documentation.

I was surprised to have all of my orig photos returned to me, when I picked up our visas at the ACH window, two days after the interview.

So my question stands... if ithe photos are for additional evidence prior to the interview, do you really need the paper for a '2-hole punched at the top' file folder?

regarding the location, do we have to put the exact location or just in general?

If you are referring to info on the photos, a general location is fine. I always put Guangzhou city park, Huadu restaurant, Hong Kong Disneyland, Beijing Mutianyu Great Wall etc; and then a brief description of the event/activity along with the exact date.

Since I used 8X10's, there was no need to mount the photos on a separate piece of paper. I just two-hole punched each piece of photo paper and tabbed them in groups by visit period, e.g., December 2007 etc.

I also prepared a separate photo album with photos from visits subsequent to the filing of my I-130 and I-129F for my wife to take to the interview; however, it was not asked for, as the VO had the many photos previously submitted in the case files. Our situation was a litttle more unique, in that I had a few trips under my belt, including our wedding, prior to filing.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

So my question stands... if ithe photos are for additional evidence prior to the interview, do you really need the paper for a '2-hole punched at the top' file folder?

You should submit either 8 1/2x11 or A4 sized paper. You may punch the holes yourself, or they will punch them, but they will be placed in a '2-hole punched at the top' file folder (I always figure they can punch their own damn holes). No special paper needed.