Has anyone considered...

Just curious if the idea of a class action suit against DOS has ever been tossed around? :blush:

Everyone who is denied a VISA is being called a liar. An engagement/marriage is a partnership. They are calling us both liars! :roller:

It is the basis of western law that you have a chance to confront your accuser and have access to all evidence being used in the accusation. We are being denied that. They seem to sit on our petitions indefinately and hope we just go away. :angel:

Just curious if the idea of a class action suit against DOS has ever been tossed around? :D

Everyone who is denied a VISA is being called a liar. An engagement/marriage is a partnership. They are calling us both liars! :)

It is the basis of western law that you have a chance to confront your accuser and have access to all evidence being used in the accusation. We are being denied that. They seem to sit on our petitions indefinately and hope we just go away. :D

I am with ya,

the problem is,if all banded together,this crap would end,,there is a lot of fear,people afraid to do something,and i can't blame them,we all want to get our loved ones here,thats the important thing.....

innocent until proven guilty i thought,The fact that they judge people without viewing all the facts,is a crime,like having a trial,and no evidence is allowed to be presented.I think there could be a case,and think about it for a second,it seems to me,and i am going to be blunt, it appears the way they view the chinese woman that go into the consulate building , they are viewed as Whores,that'll do anything,to get the so called almighty green card,I am thinking about this,and it disgusts me,to be honest,I am ashamed of this.It is not the America,i grew up with.The great melting pot of diverse people,all creeds,race,color,religion,embracing legal immigrants with open arms. Hopefully Obama means what he says,and bring America back to her glory,because we are so far from it,it isn't funny.By the way,i didn't vote for him.but lets see.And as i just wrote this,hundreds just ran across the mexican-american border.nothing being done about that.And you and I have to sleep without our wifes tonight.

peace out

Jimi

You know if you could read Chinese and see what all these "wives" have to say in their own language to each other you would change your mind.

I am with ya,

the problem is,if all banded together,this crap would end,,there is a lot of fear,people afraid to do something,and i can't blame them,we all want to get our loved ones here,thats the important thing.....

innocent until proven guilty i thought,The fact that they judge people without viewing all the facts,is a crime,like having a trial,and no evidence is allowed to be presented.I think there could be a case,and think about it for a second,it seems to me,and i am going to be blunt, it appears the way they view the chinese woman that go into the consulate building , they are viewed as Whores,that'll do anything,to get the so called almighty green card,I am thinking about this,and it disgusts me,to be honest,I am ashamed of this.It is not the America,i grew up with.The great melting pot of diverse people,all creeds,race,color,religion,embracing legal immigrants with open arms. Hopefully Obama means what he says,and bring America back to her glory,because we are so far from it,it isn't funny.By the way,i didn't vote for him.but lets see.And as i just wrote this,hundreds just ran across the mexican-american border.nothing being done about that.And you and I have to sleep without our wifes tonight.

You know if you could read Chinese and see what all these "wives" have to say in their own language to each other you would change your mind.

what would he change his mind about?

also why would you put wives in quotation marks? it's like you're insinuating that they are not truelly a wife

Edited by LaurenAmber (see edit history)

sorry,you feel that way inquisitor.I would write more,but i am not even going to waste any more time commenting on your retarted comment.

To inquisitor, since you seem to know some thing the rest of us don't why don't you share you knowledge as what all these "wives" as you put it say to each other. Perhaps it is only your "wife" who makes these statements to someone. So please ENLIGHTEN the rest of us.

I am with ya,

Just curious if the idea of a class action suit against DOS has ever been tossed around? :clapping:

Everyone who is denied a VISA is being called a liar. An engagement/marriage is a partnership. They are calling us both liars! :happydance:

It is the basis of western law that you have a chance to confront your accuser and have access to all evidence being used in the accusation. We are being denied that. They seem to sit on our petitions indefinately and hope we just go away. :coolthumb:

Larry, you summed up what a lot of people find out when dealing with the DOS in hot sweaty Guangzhou...and, yes, they do sit on those petitions, and yes, they do hope you will go away. And even worse, once the DOS finally sends the petition back to america, those denied petitions are at the very bottom of the USCIS service center workers priority of things to do.

To quickly sum up, in layman terms, what you'll find in Toppy's report....At the time of writing the law, Congress wrote themselves out of being able to help you, should you have a problem with a consulate...at the same time they also wrote your rights out of the law.

Hang in there buddy. It sucks, bigtime, what you and many others are faced with, but, try and take some inspiration from the two Charles' whose wives just got their visas. :welcome: Your beautiful woman will get her visa, but it's gonna take some time. I wish I could tell you a shortcut or a secret code or something, but there aren't any.

It just takes more time....she WILL get her visa.

tsap seui

Everyone who is denied a VISA is being called a liar. An engagement/marriage is a partnership. They are calling us both liars! :rolleyes:

Yes, it has been considered before, but there is no legal case on which you can stand. Why? Because though you have filed for the visa, you are not the beneficiary. GUZ makes the cases solely for or against your SO. The day in court to face accousitor is US law. They have no rights in the US yet. It would fall under international law.

The Chinese SO (her/him, fiancee, wife/husband) is the sole beneficiary of the visa. It is up to them to prove to GUZ the relationship is valid. GUZ believes you feel the relationship is valid. So they are not calling you a liar. They also know a green card chaser will go to any means possible to lie, cheat, buy and steal their way into the US. This includes, marrying a US citizen they do not love and snowing them into believing the relationship is real. This is the kind of case GUZ is trying to weed out for family visas.

Also, they have lots of information behind the scene. GUZ has already made up their mind before the interview. In cases with a positive aspect, they will look at what your SO might have to help them make a snap decision one way or other. This is the only time they will look at any information your SO has brought with them. Cases with a neutral aspect where they want more time will get a blue slip. Cases with a negative aspect receive a white slip. When you get a blue or white, it really doesn't matter what you bring to the interview. Even if you have what they ask for, they will not look at it because the blue slip is asking for more time than is available at the interview to make a decision.

You look at an engagement/marriage as a partnership, but there are others in the world who look at it as a means to an end to achieve their goal. This was brought to light to me very clearly on my return from China after my second trip to visit my wife. I was going through LA airport. They just announce our flight to Portland was delayed due to a mechanical difficulty. So I sat down next to a couple with a small baby. He took out his cellphone to call his brother to inform him of the delay. They were close so it was hard not to overhear. During the conversation he says, "Oh, do you remember xxxxxx. What a loser!! He is being paid $$,$$$ to marry a lady from the Phillipines and help her get her green card." So, yes this happens quite often. More than most of us know. In this case, the man knew he was being used as a pawn and was being paid enough for it. Other times the man really doesn't know, even though he believes he is in a true valid relationship. So this begs the question, do you really know your wife/fiancee?? As most of us have met on the internet and spend only a few weeks a year with our wives/fiancees. How can you really be sure? So back to the original idea, GUZ is not putting you on trial. The visa is strickly for your fiancee. This is who is being called on the carpet with information which we do not have access.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately, many good relationships get denied during the process of GUZ trying to catch the bad ones. Simply keep fighting, don't give in and she will get her visa. I believe GUZ throws blue and white slips at questionable applications just to see the reaction. So by keeping up the fight, they eventually issue the visa. Hang in there. You have a lot of support here. A few have even been down your path and overcome, so it is very possible.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

Everyone who is denied a VISA is being called a liar. An engagement/marriage is a partnership. They are calling us both liars! :ph34r:

Yes, it has been considered before, but there is no legal case on which you can stand. Why? Because though you have filed for the visa, you are not the beneficiary. GUZ makes the cases solely for or against your SO. The day in court to face accousitor is US law. They have no rights in the US yet. It would fall under international law.

The Chinese SO (her/him, fiancee, wife/husband) is the sole beneficiary of the visa. It is up to them to prove to GUZ the relationship is valid. GUZ believes you feel the relationship is valid. So they are not calling you a liar. They also know a green card chaser will go to any means possible to lie, cheat, buy and steal their way into the US. This includes, marrying a US citizen they do not love and snowing them into believing the relationship is real. This is the kind of case GUZ is trying to weed out for family visas.

Also, they have lots of information behind the scene. GUZ has already made up their mind before the interview. In cases with a positive aspect, they will look at what your SO might have to help them make a snap decision one way or other. This is the only time they will look at any information your SO has brought with them. Cases with a neutral aspect where they want more time will get a blue slip. Cases with a negative aspect receive a white slip. When you get a blue or white, it really doesn't matter what you bring to the interview. Even if you have what they ask for, they will not look at it because the blue slip is asking for more time than is available at the interview to make a decision.

You look at an engagement/marriage as a partnership, but there are others in the world who look at it as a means to an end to achieve their goal. This was brought to light to me very clearly on my return from China after my second trip to visit my wife. I was going through LA airport. They just announce our flight to Portland was delayed due to a mechanical difficulty. So I sat down next to a couple with a small baby. He took out his cellphone to call his brother to inform him of the delay. They were close so it was hard not to overhear. During the conversation he says, "Oh, do you remember xxxxxx. What a loser!! He is being paid $$,$$$ to marry a lady from the Phillipines and help her get her green card." So, yes this happens quite often. More than most of us know. In this case, the man knew he was being used as a pawn and was being paid enough for it. Other times the man really doesn't know, even though he believes he is in a true valid relationship. So this begs the question, do you really know your wife/fiancee?? As most of us have met on the internet and spend only a few weeks a year with our wives/fiancees. How can you really be sure? So back to the original idea, GUZ is not putting you on trial. The visa is strickly for your fiancee. This is who is being called on the carpet with information which we do not have access.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately, many good relationships get denied during the process of GUZ trying to catch the bad ones. Simply keep fighting, don't give in and she will get her visa. I believe GUZ throws blue and white slips at questionable applications just to see the reaction. So by keeping up the fight, they eventually issue the visa. Hang in there. You have a lot of support here. A few have even been down your path and overcome, so it is very possible.

Yes,heres a thought however,the stress put on the American citizen,i think can bring on a case,i am no lawyer,and i understand all the goobily guke immigrations try to justify there so called weeding out.it simply doesn't work,as i know of a case where the woman did get her visa,and she,telling everyone,how she did it for a green card,with only a hand ful of emails,and a few photos,so again,your spouting the immigration propaganda.The problem,your missing is"the American citizen" she is my wife,here is where i think,again i am no lawyer,a case could be made,and yes i know the immigration creed"not gaureenteed a visa".And here is another problem with the "behind the scenes"going on in Guz,that they already know something,What is being seen behind the scene?You and i are not allowed to see that.WHY?Also,remember in the wizrd of OZ,they came into the great palace,and the great voice,Oh i am so frightened,and behind the scene was just a little old man.Don't assume what they see,behind the scenes,is something big and bad,it might be their own bias opinion,or Vo felt beneficiary,didn't smile enough,wasn't pretty,was too pretty,spelled her name wrong on the application,spelled my name wrong on an application,who knows is anyones guess,since it is a "secret",and since we will never know it is only speculation,and if no one stands up and questions them,they will get away with this poor judgement.

If it is America,we are talking about here,lets make sure immigrations is run on American Ideals,Not something you would expect from Russia or Iran.Again,if they were really after catching the bad guys,we would have our borders closed, is like your typical story of police enforcement,they will tell you,we are out to bust these powerful drug dealers,but they usually only end up busting the guy smoking a joint,and hes the one sitting in prison,the drug dealer,he's always one step ahead of the game .Please don't fall into the Propaganda.If we all band together,we can change things,thats what America is all about,and i still believe in that Ideal.Hell,maybe i am wrong,just my opinion.

peace out

jimi

Everyone who is denied a VISA is being called a liar. An engagement/marriage is a partnership. They are calling us both liars! :ph34r:

I just wanted to say that this is a well written reply as was tzaps. Good positive, well written, thoughtful, and factual. Keep up the good work guys.

Yes,heres a thought however,the stress put on the American citizen,i think can bring on a case,i am no lawyer,and i understand all the goobily guke immigrations try to justify there so called weeding out.

Sorry, if you feel I am swallowing all of the propaganda that GUZ and DOS dish out. Quite the contrary. I also believe that it would be best for the petitioner and beneficiary to both be part of the interview. One way to help determine a relationship is to see how the parties interact with each other. This would require longer interviews. Yeah, like that's gonna happen anytime soon. Still I can't run to court just because it might piss me off. There is a difference between swallowing propaganda and understanding the how or why things work the way they do.

It doesn't matter how pissed off or stressed you become, that is not something you can take to a court of law. You must show you've been hurt and that their is some remedy which can make you whole. Trying to take this to court will just be like pissing in the wind. The best course of action would be to try and get the laws changed. I would suggest starting by joining an organization like the one posted here.

Just because our borders are open, doesn't mean every tom, dick and harry that wants to can wander into the US. It doesn't mean they don't want to catch the bad guys. It simply means that it is now harder, because we have open borders. Some will tell you this is the price of freedom. The only reason our borders are open is because we want cheap labor without the work visa. This way it can be even cheaper than the law allows. But this is a different arguement, so I won't go any fiurther here. My point is, just because you marry a foreigner doesn't mean the US owes them a visa. You still must show it was for real reason and not just getting a visa.

I don't know what world you are living in, but in mine the police send quite a few drug dealers to the pen. The only problem is just where do you think the mexican mafia started, in the streets of LA? Try again, San Quentin if I remember right. So by sending the bad guys to prison, they just learn how to be meaner, bader and have the time to find ways to get around the system. It's not that the police aren't trying or busting the right ones. The really bad ones have backing of groups that can pay to get them out soon. Or if they stay for a while, they can still run things inside just as good.