New people first?

My wife reads the 001 Chinese side since she is English challenged. Heck, I'm not even that good with Chinese! She understood that one of the ladies there, that lives close enough to actually stand at the gate and check with those coming out, was reporting that those who did their K interview today for the first time walked out with visas.

Somebody might check on that and see if she had it correct. All these K-1, K-3, CR-1, IR-1, P-3, P4, yes you are approved, no you can't have a visa now, things have her throughly confused at this point, so she might have misunderstood. As though any of us understood what the heck is going on!

I notice that no new letters seem to have arrived today (evening now here in China). That is a bad sign. By the number of members on this, I would have expected a lot more people to have received notices by now if even the 500 processed number was legitimate.

The girl who had the first reported pick-up letter on Dec. 11 also went to the consulate today (for the third time, but still hasn't got her visa and was told to go back again tomorrow). She did say that she saw some people who had their interviews this morning got their visas in the afternoon. Another girl posted at 001 that two girls at 001 had their interviews today and got the white slips

Q&Q

I will be sending a letter to Powell and Maura Harty TODAY complaining about the fact that those who sent I-129s and interviewed several months after many of us now seem to have been moved to the front of the line ahead of us. Of all the unfairness and inequity in this situation, this is the part that has made it impossible for me to sleep at night. May I suggest that all of you who interviewed in August and September devote the next several days to educating DoS, CS, the media, Congress, etc. about this most recent slap in the face.

I will be sending a letter to Powell and Maura Harty TODAY complaining about the fact that those who sent I-129s and interviewed several months after many of us now seem to have been moved to the front of the line ahead of us.  Of all the unfairness and inequity in this situation, this is the part that has made it impossible for me to sleep at night.  May I suggest that all of you who interviewed in August and September devote the next several days to educating DoS, CS, the media, Congress, etc. about this most recent slap in the face.

I also have a letter ready to be faxed today!!!!!

I will be sending a letter to Powell and Maura Harty TODAY complaining about the fact that those who sent I-129s and interviewed several months after many of us now seem to have been moved to the front of the line ahead of us.  Of all the unfairness and inequity in this situation, this is the part that has made it impossible for me to sleep at night.  May I suggest that all of you who interviewed in August and September devote the next several days to educating DoS, CS, the media, Congress, etc. about this most recent slap in the face.

I also have a letter ready to be faxed today!!!!!

here is my letter that is ready to go:

Dear Maura Harty, December 16, 2002

My name is Mark Goddard and my fiancée’s name is xxx, xxxxx. Our Case number is GUZxxxxxxxxxx

Her DOB is February 20, 1963.

We have been waiting since our August 22nd 2002 interview date for some sort of news on our visa issuance.

On or around 12/1/2002 I spoke to Andrew Simpkin, in the office of CA, and was told the news of approximately 5000 security names checks sent to the US consulate in Guangzhou China. I then called Katherine Kabral at the DOS information center to ask if our case was included in the 5000 name checks, I was told I would be called back.

I never received a call, fax, email, or letter.

On December 9th 2002, I called CA and spoke to Andrew Simpkin again with 1 simple question. Is our case finished with the name check and in Guangzhou? If not, where is it?

I was told they need some time to check, and I asked how much time would CA need to check this. Andrew Simpkin asked me to give him a week.

If our case is lost, I would like to know what is being done to find it, and work it into the system in the order in which it is due.

Another week has passed with as much information as I have had since August 22nd 2002.

Andrew Simpkin has not called or responded to me as he promised.

If I would have an answer I would not be writing to you personally.

As you know, I was one of the signers of a letter that was sent to Colin Powell’s office and I thank you for the response sent this past week. It appears to me you have taken a personal interest in trying to fix the backlog problem and I thank you.

I also know many who have started the immigration process long after we have, are now getting visas.

With all due respect, this is a terrible injustice.

This seems to be a problem.

I would like to know what is being done to clear the backlog issue prior to issuing visas to those who have not waited as long as others?

Will there be a website developed to help many people get answers as to where there case is in this backlogged problem?

Thank you for your time,

I look forward to hearing from you, hopefully before another week has past with no information