Why file an I 129f after filing an I 130

I see people giving advise to make copies of some documents submitted with the I-130 so they will have them on hand when they submit the I-129f. Why would you submit a fiancee petition if you are already married?

In our situation we first went the I-129f route and were told sorry not a boni fide relationship, no visa approval, being returned for further review and possible revocation.

We have since married are and preparing to submit the I-130, and still waiting for the reason V.O. felt it was not a boni fide relationship so we can challenge her dicission on our original I-129f. Not that challenging the V.O.'s dicission will do us any good since USCIS doesn't seem to over rule the V.O.s

So what is the I-129f being submitted for after sumbitting the I-130?

Thanks,

Gary

gary,

please see link, http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Purpose of Form :

To petition to bring your fianc¨¦(e) and that person's children to the U.S. for marriage to you or to bring your spouse and that person's children (K-3 and K-4 visas, respectively) to the United States to complete processing for permanent resident status (under the LIFE Act and Amendments of 2000).

please see above underline and italic words.

The K-3 can be a few months or so quicker than the I-130, but not always.

If she comes on the K-3, she will need to apply for EAD and AOS, which are built into the CR-1/I-130.

Another difference is that the K-3 interviews in the country where the marriage took place (e.g., Hong Kong, which is much quicker and applicant-friendly than GUZ)

Don't put all your eggs in the basket of the interview Hong Kong.

I also got married Hong Kong and I am waiting breathlessly to see where the interview will be.

I have been working on mine for a little over 4 years after one denial as fiancee "not a bonafide relationship.

I'll let you know because its close for my NOA-2's to come I hope.

The K-3 can be a few months or so quicker than the I-130, but not always.

If she comes on the K-3, she will need to apply for EAD and AOS, which are built into the CR-1/I-130.

Another difference is that the K-3 interviews in the country where the marriage took place (e.g., Hong Kong, which is much quicker and applicant-friendly than GUZ)

Don't put all your eggs in the basket of the interview Hong Kong.

I also got married Hong Kong and I am waiting breathlessly to see where the interview will be.

I have been working on mine for a little over 4 years after one denial as fiancee "not a bonafide relationship.

I'll let you know because its close for my NOA-2's to come I hope.

The I-129F is used for 2 visa types - K1 Fiance, and K3 Spouse.

An I-129F for K3 Spouse is usually filed after the NOA1 from the I-130 is received.

Pursuing a K3 visa is totally optional. If you filed the I-130, and don't want to go the K-3 route, don't bother to file the I-129F.

Clear as mud? have a review of the EZFAQ - http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_EZ_FAQ.htm

The I-130 results in CR-1/IR-1 to be issued, a greencard awaits in the usa.

The K3 visa results in a 2 year multi-entry visa, with the assumption that the Foreign Spouse will go through AOS in the USA.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Thanks for all the replies. I love how our government makes things so simple and straight forward.

The I-129F is used for 2 visa types - K1 Fiance, and K3 Spouse.

An I-129F for K3 Spouse is usually filed after the NOA1 from the I-130 is received.

Pursuing a K3 visa is totally optional. If you filed the I-130, and don't want to go the K-3 route, don't bother to file the I-129F.

Clear as mud? have a review of the EZFAQ - http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_EZ_FAQ.htm

The I-130 results in CR-1/IR-1 to be issued, a greencard awaits in the usa.

The K3 visa results in a 2 year multi-entry visa, with the assumption that the Foreign Spouse will go through AOS in the USA.

Good Luck !