Truck driving in China

Guest Rob & Jin

Guest ShaQuaNew

Jin was a truck driver and her father too, telling me about how they have gun battles and drive over the bandits. :roller:

China, what a place. maybe remind Roger when he was on the Pony express <_<

Gun battles in China? LOL. Now that's a twist. Just where did they get these guns?

Jin was a truck driver and her father too, telling me about how they have gun battles and drive over the bandits. :roller:

China, what a place. maybe remind Roger when he was on the Pony express <_<

Gun battles in China? LOL. Now that's a twist. Just where did they get these guns?

If it is wanted someone can provide what is wanted. Not saying it would be easy to get guns or cheap, but there is always a way.......

Jin was a truck driver and her father too, telling me about how they have gun battles and drive over the bandits. :Dah:

China, what a place. maybe remind Roger when he was on the Pony express :rotfl:

Rob, tell Jin I would really enjoy reading some of these stories. I drove truck long haul for 10 years myself. I saw things during those years that amazed me.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Jin was a truck driver and her father too, telling me about how they have gun battles and drive over the bandits. :Dah:

Rob, tell Jin I would really enjoy reading some of these stories. I drove truck long haul for 10 years myself. I saw things during those years that amazed me.

Sure, it would be interesting to hear a little more detail. I wonder whether these gun battles occurred on the open rural roads, or in the cities? Doesn't seem like anyone firing a gun in China would get too far after others witnessed it.

my cousin used to drive long distance truck between guangxi and guizhou. he would keep some steel stick and dagger with him. and once he have bandit block the way in a rural road with autocycle. He step on the gas and drive over them. and the bandit escape fast. otherwise my cousin will be in trouble he say.

Guest Rob & Jin

guizhou . sichuang and yunnan cross places lots of bandits, if nervous you will get caught and robbed. :draw:

Babba just not care . squash them under wheels or they run. i learnt to drive truck at 17 years old. no power steering. make us very tired in arms.

was good to travel though.

Jin was a truck driver and her father too, telling me about how they have gun battles and drive over the bandits. :mobrun:

China, what a place. maybe remind Roger when he was on the Pony express :rolleyes:

Carl! We share a bond there, I worked long haul for 4 years in the 90's. I was a Solo operator running temp controlled freight for Marten Transport out of Wisconsin.

3 years ago a friend who owned a racing team asked me if I would be interested in transporting the equipment and cars to various tracks, he had bought one of those NASCAR rigs, Volvo Tractor with 53' spread axle trailer. I was amazed at not loosing the feel for operating those monsters after 7 years off the road. He sold the team last year, it was fun while it lasted.

Jin was a truck driver and her father too, telling me about how they have gun battles and drive over the bandits. :)

China, what a place. maybe remind Roger when he was on the Pony express ;)

Carl! We share a bond there, I worked long haul for 4 years in the 90's. I was a Solo operator running temp controlled freight for Marten Transport out of Wisconsin.

3 years ago a friend who owned a racing team asked me if I would be interested in transporting the equipment and cars to various tracks, he had bought one of those NASCAR rigs, Volvo Tractor with 53' spread axle trailer. I was amazed at not loosing the feel for operating those monsters after 7 years off the road. He sold the team last year, it was fun while it lasted.

Was that a NASCAR team Dan?

Was that a NASCAR team Dan?

Grand-Am (Koni Challenge) Raced BMW 330 sedans.

http://www.grand-am.com/koni/

http://www.grand-am.com/koni/teams/team.cfm?tid=1405 (Fountain Motorsports) I use to maintain their website before the team was sold, the new owner let the host service expire.

Jin was a truck driver and her father too, telling me about how they have gun battles and drive over the bandits. :ph34r:

China, what a place. maybe remind Roger when he was on the Pony express :o

I drove long haul from 79-90. Started out running sleeper teams for Shoemaker Trucking out of Boise Idaho. We pulled reefers with cabover Macks. Later I went to work for Circle B Transport out of Ontario Oregon pulling flatbeds. Eventually I bought an 82 Western Star conventional with a 60 inch sleeper and a 45 ft flatbed. I did the owner operator thing for 5 years leased to a few different companies. I got tired of pounding the pavement and went back to work for Circle B as a dispatcher and eventually ended up as their General Manager. Got tired of that and moved to Portland where I've been ever since.